5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Ha, I do owe you all, don’t I?

I’ll share photos and more impressions when I get home (stopped for the night about three hours from home).

First impressions are great, as I expected. Mark Dodge is great to work with. They picked me up from the airport, about 10 minutes away from the dealership. I saw my Delmonico Red Longhorn waiting for me, they walked me around, showed me various features (which I was mostly familiar with from my 2019, and let’s be honest, because I had plenty of time to obsessively research anything new my old Ram lacked). I met Aaron, thanked him and let him know this was the easiest and best vehicle experience I’ve had (this is number six for me). Before long, I was on my way.

Weather in Louisiana was sunny; the tropical storm was well east of Lake Charles and I never ran into much other than some brief rain.

Adaptice cruise control is great; this is my first vehicle with it. Most of my driving has been highway, with speeds from 78 mph to a brief bit of stop-and-go near Baton Rouge. It’s a little weird trusting the truck to brake and accelerate on its own, but it works very well. I’ve got a longer road trip coming up this week, and I think I’m really going to appreciate this feature.

I’m still making up my mind about the Harmon Kardon stereo. I’ll have to tweak the settings for sure. The subwoofer is definitely noticeable (my Laramie had the 9-speaker Alpine with no subwoofer), but sounded a little boomy at times. I’m not audiophile, and it sounds good to my untrained ears, but not great. Mind you, this is all with the factory settings, and it should improve after I play with the audio settings.

The seats felt firmer than my Laramie, but maybe that’s just because my rear had been sitting on airplane and airport seats for about eight hours that day.

It’s a beautiful truck. Delmonico Red looks fantastic, and I’m sorry for all of you with inferior colors (I kid, I kid). I’m very happy with the purchase, and stoked that I was able to take advantage of a once-in-all-lifetimes market situation to upgrade my truck like this.

Ram and I will be completing our journey home shortly, and I’ll have some photos to share soon.
This must be the longest 3 hour drive anyone has ever taken

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This must be the longest 3 hour drive anyone has ever taken
Well, see, what had happened was…my wife asked me to stop by the store or my way home. Then, part of I-75 was closed due to debris in the road, messing up traffic in the north Atlanta ‘burbs. Then, I got home, showed off the new truck to my wife, and sent a picture to a friend. Said friend pointed out the truck needed a bath, and he was completely right.

A dirty truck photo might be good enough for my friend, but not good enough for you fine folks! So I waited for the sun to go down, then gave my truck her first bath.

Here she is, shiny and with a bit of morning dew.

Attachments

• 3FF9D464-B7FD-4A56-B87E-E0E2F96956CF.jpeg
    3FF9D464-B7FD-4A56-B87E-E0E2F96956CF.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 35

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a nitpick-y observation about the Longhorn interior.

The metal-looking trim around AC vents, interior door hands, steering wheel controls, etc, has sort of a brass color, where it would be silver in other trim levels. It looks class, and compliments the brown leather well. No complaints here.

But, Ram wasn’t consistent with it. There are bits of silver trim and it looks a little off. For example, the trim on the handle to change the AC vent direction is silver colored, while it’s brass colored on the surrounding trim. Likewise, the knobs for AC and stereo are silver.

Not a big deal, but one of those things you notice on a 10 hour drive, or a 3 hour drive that takes all day. I still love the interior, and the brown leather seats are gorgeous.

Attachments

• 31D29C1D-D10C-4AEB-A285-BE1BCDFDC18F.jpeg
    31D29C1D-D10C-4AEB-A285-BE1BCDFDC18F.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 14BCC8AF-A27F-4FDB-ACE3-AF3F987D885B.jpeg
    14BCC8AF-A27F-4FDB-ACE3-AF3F987D885B.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 26
  • FDD1561E-B10F-4246-81E6-A907EAF31CB7.jpeg
    FDD1561E-B10F-4246-81E6-A907EAF31CB7.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 27
  • A2CC78DB-360A-490F-BACD-38DF5C58B10F.jpeg
    A2CC78DB-360A-490F-BACD-38DF5C58B10F.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 29

onit43

Reaction score
Last week the dealership informed me that my truck had been built and awaiting inspection before they send it off. I had to confirm with Ram Chat today and was informed that the truck has been built and awaiting for installation of additional equipment. Both seem close. Can't wait much longer

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Last week the dealership informed me that my truck had been built and awaiting inspection before they send it off. I had to confirm with Ram Chat today and was informed that the truck has been built and awaiting for installation of additional equipment. Both seem close. Can't wait much longer
Wait until you are like the rest of us waiting for a 3 week window for delivery.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Today is Tuesday. You should have it by this weekend right??
I hope so but I don't know. It would need to get on a transport first, then get PDI and I'm definitely going to look it over. I've been watching way too many TRX videos showing bolts missing or not even screwed in. I'm definitely going to check everything out.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope so but I don't know. It would need to get on a transport first, then get PDI and I'm definitely going to look it over. I've been watching way too many TRX videos showing bolts missing or not even screwed in. I'm definitely going to check everything out.
Haha well I’m not going to be checking nuts and bolts when I pick mine up. Here’s to just hoping the wheels don’t fall off!

Fabman75

Reaction score
Well I finally recieved a different reply from ram chat today, after 9 weeks from vin date! "All of the materials needed to start build have been received"
........almost to D1 status now!😁

Users who are viewing this thread