5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple CarPlay

niko

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Apple maps to switch over to night mode? I love using the maps feature but the screen is too bright at night. My other car switches over automatically once the headlights are on.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Apple maps to switch over to night mode? I love using the maps feature but the screen is too bright at night. My other car switches over automatically once the headlights are on.

I believe that's controlled by your UConnect. I'll check later and let you know.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Anyone know if using the nav in car play will fill up after a while? I was adviced by the dealer of a German car I have that it would quickly fill the hard disc.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep. It’s Uconnect dependent. Goes dark and lights up with the rest of the cluster.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyone know if using the nav in car play will fill up after a while? I was adviced by the dealer of a German car I have that it would quickly fill the hard disc.

Nope. Nothing to fill up.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
True,didn’t think about that, but now I can just download the maps for my app and use it offline it’s a little more work, but it’s probably something that I would use after the nav subscription ended.. does uconnect without nav work with CarPlay ?
I debated (agonized over?) spending the extra $800 usd on NAV when I love CarPlay and Apple Maps... Apple Maps worked very nicely in my test the other day w the non-Nav system...

...and yet I decided to spend the money on the Nav upgrade. Both displays and systems are great, but ultimately I imagined myself in the heartland between signal towers and thought I would like the guarantee a built in system offers. Me and my truck are going to GO PLACES. Oh and the Sirius Travel system warned me of an inbound thunderstorm. That will be cool, at least for the five year trial.

Here are my in depth impressions on the UConnect 4 non-Nav and the UConnect 4C Nav systems: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/nav-vs-non-nav-8-4-uconnect.1280/post-17684

834k3r

Reaction score
The Spotify app crashes if I try to manipulate it via the Uconnect screen (12" in my case). If I manipulate the app on my phone, I have no issues. It's a new phone with a fresh app install.

Anyone else having this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread