5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Car Play

gamecocks2001

Reaction score
So my CarPlay just quit working a couple weeks ago. Phone and cord works flawlessly in other cars and in the loner car with Uconnect I had from the dealership. Chrysler is telling me it’s because of the newest IOS I have on my phone. They want me to test it with a phone with the older software. Well that’s practically impossible to find.

Anyone experience this?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my CarPlay just quit working a couple weeks ago. Phone and cord works flawlessly in other cars and in the loner car with Uconnect I had from the dealership. Chrysler is telling me it’s because of the newest IOS I have on my phone. They want me to test it with a phone with the older software. Well that’s practically impossible to find.

Anyone experience this?

That’s bs I’m running ios14 beta and it’s flawless even with the wireless CarPlay adapter. Try removing your Bluetooth connection on the phone and reinstalling The trucks Bluetooth on your phone. Sometimes address conflicts pop up. I had that issue when I moved to ios14 and after redoing the blue tooth it’s been even better than with the regular iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ataboyrebel

Reaction score
On my challenger, a cheap phone cable cause me the same problem. Even if I use the original cable after that I wasn’t able to connect(but charging was ok). I remove the radio fuse and a fuse mark as media for 5min, use a quality cable and everything back to normal...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Anyone experience this?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I would still try another cord. A hair of resistance on the wire can make CarPlay not work correctly.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would delete your phone from uConnect and re-pair it?

I've had issues before (mostly in rental cars) where something would go wrong and re-installing the phone fixed it.

If nothing else it's free and you don't have to take it to the dealership.

Bradleys

Reaction score
make sure you are using a stock, apple cable. Aftermarket cables can be hit and miss - even the expensive ones.

Connection is really finicky and is only consistent for me when I am using the stock cable.

Paultg

Reaction score
make sure you are using a stock, apple cable. Aftermarket cables can be hit and miss - even the expensive ones.

Connection is really finicky and is only consistent for me when I am using the stock cable.
It even says in the owners manual to only use the factory / stock Apple cable. Surprised me since by now you’d think we could be past all this. But guess not.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anker MFi-certifies cables are the only ones besides the “stock” Apples ones that I’ve had good luck with. You don’t save much but they have a braided sheath.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been running iOS 14 beta on my phone since it came out and CarPlay always works flawlessly for me.

SacRebel

Reaction score
You can also trying cleaning any lint buildup in the lightning port with a toothpick. If there’s too much debris in there the cable will not full seat.

Users who are viewing this thread