5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone's tailgate take like 5 clicks to open?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard it "click click click" but won't actually open. If I push IN on the tailgate before trying, it will pop open every time. It's not like its closed super tight to begin with.

Might try adjusting the Ralph "Nader" bolt to ease up a bit and see if that helps.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard it "click click click" but won't actually open. If I push IN on the tailgate before trying, it will pop open every time. It's not like its closed super tight to begin with.

Might try adjusting the Ralph "Nader" bolt to ease up a bit and see if that helps.

I’m having the same issue. Going in for service next week. I’ll report back.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did this just the other day. The culprit was the stem of a leaf caught between the bottom of the tailgate and the bed. I couldn’t believe just a stem would do that so yeah, tolerances are tight there. Anyways, check for any debris first before making adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread