5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone wish they had NOT ordered Ramboxes?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Have seen lots of posts from people who have Ramboxes and love them. Does anyone here have Ramboxes and wish they didn’t? Why?

I’ve heard about warping, but wondering if there are any other downsides that would make me regret the choice.

Thanks!

Tydog96

Reaction score
I love mine. That said, the truck is only two month old. Based on forums, I'm also treating mine with care as it sounds like they can go south - but have came a long ways since first introduction. It's mostly just me, and don't often have to worry about people slamming them like 1970 car trunk. The passenger side doesn't latch as easily as the driver side, and I've not looked into the adjustment of that latch yet. If they don't align up exactly perfect all around, I'm fine with that as long as it's one of those things probably that only I will notice, the seal is good, and the plastic on top doesn't separate. Yes, I would have been nice for them to be firmer, with maybe a two-latch mechanism maybe (versus one in the middle). But hey, it sounds more solid then the dang back doors when you shut them. Just way the way their made these days (focus on cost and weight). Shaved like a frame on a race car. Would I do it again, yes.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll have many people say they regret having them. Maybe they aren't for a show truck, but as long as they don't leak I can live with a little bit of miss-alignment. And like Tydog said, I'm really the only one who even notices it on my truck. My friends aren't that polite, they'd give me crap if they noticed LOL.

CJR28

Reaction score
Nope, easily one of my favorite options on my truck. My passenger side box has a tiny gap between the body and the frame but its barely noticeable. The extra storage is extremely useful and as long as ram offers them on their trucks ill make sure every truck I purchase in the future has them.

Bas

Reaction score
Anyone knows how much weight they add? Payload on limiteds is pretty abysmal hence I have looked at ones without the rambox (or pano).

jastevenson

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if a bed liner comes standard with a Rambox, or if you need to buy the Bed Utility Group or LineX it to get it? All pics I’ve seen of trucks with a Rambox have a liner.

If the bed liner comes standard, maybe I can avoid paying for the Bed Utility Group.

RamVader

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if a bed liner comes standard with a Rambox, or if you need to buy the Bed Utility Group or LineX it to get it? All pics I’ve seen of trucks with a Rambox have a liner.

If the bed liner comes standard, maybe I can avoid paying for the Bed Utility Group.

I love my ram boxes. Very slight warping but I can live with it. The ram boxes are one of the reasons I ordered my truck. No local dealers had any in stock with ram boxes. I use them a lot and I love the utility of them.

I believe the spray liner is standard with the ram boxes. When I ordered my truck there was only the option to delete the spray liner. I may be wrong but that was my experience when I ordered my truck.

I wish I would have ordered the bed utility group. I really like that plastic separator that comes with it. The dealer told me it was standard with the ram boxes so I skipped it. When the truck came in there was no separator. He looked into it and said they stopped including it without letting him know. He is trying to find one to order separately but he says it’s not showing up as a part he can order separately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I believe the spray liner is standard with the ram boxes. When I ordered my truck there was only the option to delete the spray liner. I may be wrong but that was my experience when I ordered my truck.
Bed liner did not come standard with the rambox option, at least for 2020 models. My 2020 Laramie did not have a factory bed liner, but does have a rambox bed. You have to also include the BUG to get it with a bed liner. You also need to include the BUG to get the bed divider (unlike 4th gens or HD's). I paid $500 for the liner to be sprayed in, $300 for the deployable bed step, $125 for the LED bed lighting, and almost $1000 for the bed divider. The BUG is a great value at way less than half that cost. If you're considering ordering a truck, with or without the rambox, definitely get the BUG.

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I love the Ramboxes and don't regret getting them at all. I wanted them on my 2014 sport but would've had to wait too long for my dealer to get one in. That turned out to be major buyer's remorse for me. During the 6 years I had that truck it haunted me every time I seen a Ram with them. Between that and being taunted by a hydro blue rebel I would probably still have that truck. I brought the Rebel home on July 30th and the boxes survived the extreme heat we had in August without warping. Where I live temps. in the summer will get in the high 30's (deg C) and winter can drop to -40/50 (deg C). I use the ramboxes almost every day and I will probably be a good reference for how they hold up in a climate with extreme temperatures. If they do warp badly over the next year or so I will most definitely report back. The fitment is not 100% perfect but not bad either. Now that I experienced ramboxes first hand I can't see me ever going without them.

20200912_181136_resized.jpg

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bed liner did not come standard with the rambox option, at least for 2020 models. My 2020 Laramie did not have a factory bed liner, but does have a rambox bed. You have to also include the BUG to get it with a bed liner. You also need to include the BUG to get the bed divider (unlike 4th gens or HD's). I paid $500 for the liner to be sprayed in, $300 for the deployable bed step, $125 for the LED bed lighting, and almost $1000 for the bed divider. The BUG is a great value at way less than half that cost. If you're considering ordering a truck, with or without the rambox, definitely get the BUG.
The bedliner is standard on the limited. That’s the difference

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here have Ramboxes and wish they didn’t?
At this point, the collective answer sounds something like, “What a silly question!” I’m very happy with mine...they are a key differentiator for Ram, along with the air suspension and fantastic upper-end interiors. They represent one of those good ideas where you look at them and think, “Why haven’t trucks always come that way?”

joshj84

Reaction score
For all the people with warping ramboxes, how come you dont warranty them?

Users who are viewing this thread