5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone tow their UTV in the bed?

Joshua022

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new side by side, but kinda wanted to see what people might be doing to haul them without using a standard trailer? I don't have a great place to store a trailer at our current house but the SXS will fit in the garage no issues.

Ive seen Youtube videos of people loading them into the truck bed and adding support to the tailgate to compensate for the extra weight. Anyone on here do something similar?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt if they make a UTV deck or a cab-over rack for half ton trucks... payload being a concern with the weight of most UTV's. I know my Yamaha weighs over 1300 lbs and it's light compared to most.

Joshua022

Reaction score
I doubt if they make a UTV deck or a cab-over rack for half ton trucks... payload being a concern with the weight of most UTV's. I know my Yamaha weighs over 1300 lbs and it's light compared to most.

These are the ones I'm looking at, puts most of the weight on the trailer hitch.

Pristine1

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new side by side, but kinda wanted to see what people might be doing to haul them without using a standard trailer? I don't have a great place to store a trailer at our current house but the SXS will fit in the garage no issues.

Ive seen Youtube videos of people loading them into the truck bed and adding support to the tailgate to compensate for the extra weight. Anyone on here do something similar?
If it fits in the garage no problem. Why not storing it on a trailer in the garage. You don’t need a massive trailer for them.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I looked at the mad ramps a few weeks ago when I was thinking about buying an ATV. They look like they would work great for me. I bought a set of timbrens for my truck which I have not put on yet. A trailer would not fit in my garage since I have two garage doors each one just about wide enough for my truck to go through. Anyway I haven’t bought the ATV so I haven’t bought the mad ramps. But if I was going buy an ATV that would be the way I would go. They have great reviews. And they are half the price of a 5 x 10 trailer in my area anyway. By the time you can Count license and registration for the trailer.

Joshua022

Reaction score
If it fits in the garage no problem. Why not storing it on a trailer in the garage. You don’t need a massive trailer for them.
wont clear the door on a trailer, barely clears off the trailer.

Pristine1

Reaction score
wont clear the door on a trailer, barely clears off the trailer.
Hey get creative. Back the trailer in while the misses drives onto the trailer as you back in. I’m sure it’s been done before 😆. I’m just kidding about this. It’s a terrible idea but would be entertaining to watch.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells trailers that you can fold up and store vertically. No kidding.

My 2-door SXS weighs 1,800 lbs. without options. With me and one passenger in the truck I'd be at 2,200 lbs. of payload. That's Ram 2500 territory.

RJS

Reaction score
Harbor Freight sells trailers that you can fold up and store vertically. No kidding.

My 2-door SXS weighs 1,800 lbs. without options. With me and one passenger in the truck I'd be at 2,200 lbs. of payload. That's Ram 2500 territory.
Yes they do.

Users who are viewing this thread