5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone switch to D or E tires on 1500?

hotjava66

Reaction score
New 2020 1500 CCMB Laramie, the factory Bridgestones ride nice but when towing my tall enclosed cargo trailer I believe the soft sidewalls are contributing to a nasty side to side sway in the rear end. Looking at going to D or E but worried about stiff ride. Could run them at lower pressure when not towing, but hoping someone has been there done that and has input. Not much available in the stock 275/55/20 size in D range, more in XL. Would have to go 265/60/20 to get E range, only slightly taller I doubt it would make much difference. Can get General Grabber ATX in stock size but worried about noise. The 265 size opens up about everything but all in E range.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, nice and quiet, not a stiff ride

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LT33x11.5x20 Nitto Ridge grapplers. Feel bumps more but they still ride great. Truck feels more planted.

barr0208

Reaction score
cooper discoverer at3 4s all weather 275/55/20 2683 lb load rating(d) have had them for awhile very good tire not too noisy and excellent all round snow/mud/ice/loose gravel tire.

Last edited:

CMENT

Reaction score
Have the Cooper at3 Ltx in E rating. Ride a little stiffer, but Corning improves and the noise was about the same. I only tow a 4K lb boat and love them. That being said, there a lot of great tires out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online