5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone running Rough Country UCA's

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone running the forged Rough Country UCA's and if so do you like them?? Thinking about purchasing them but can't decide between RC or Readylift UCA's.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Was thinking of adding the RC ones to the parts box for when I install the Mopar lift and ORP springs next weekend. Is there a reason your adding them?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was thinking of adding the RC ones to the parts box for when I install the Mopar lift and ORP springs next weekend. Is there a reason your adding them?
If you do the ORP springs for the extra 1" of lift then I would go ahead and do the RC or readylift UCA's. I think the Mopar lift + ORP springs push the Mopar UCA's to the ragged edge. I know the UCAs that come with the Mopar kit supposedly have more ball joint range than the stock ones(saw this in another post) but they are not much better. I haven't had any issues at all with my current set up (in signature) but I will be swapping them just for piece of mind.

Clyde

Reaction score
Some food for thought, I believe (anyone who can confirm?) that the ORG/ORP trucks are running the same UCAs as the non ORG/ORP trucks from the factory. If that is the case, the engineers with FCA are confident with the integrity of the UCAs with the additional angle the 1” lift the springs add.

So if you take a UCA designed for the 2” lift and add one inch (ORP springs) wouldn’t that be the same as what they are doing from the factory on the ORG/ORP trucks?

Again this theory depends on conformation that the ORG trucks are running the same UCAs as the non ORG trucks.

I have my truck scheduled to go in to add ORP springs (front and rear) to my Mopar lift in 2 weeks. That being said, I’d love to expand this conversation and dispel any doubts on the Mopar lift/ORP setup.

Rustin5

Reaction score
Some food for thought, I believe (anyone who can confirm?) that the ORG/ORP trucks are running the same UCAs as the non ORG/ORP trucks from the factory. If that is the case, the engineers with FCA are confident with the integrity of the UCAs with the additional angle the 1” lift the springs add.

So if you take a UCA designed for the 2” lift and add one inch (ORP springs) wouldn’t that be the same as what they are doing from the factory on the ORG/ORP trucks?

Again this theory depends on conformation that the ORG trucks are running the same UCAs as the non ORG trucks.

I have my truck scheduled to go in to add ORP springs (front and rear) to my Mopar lift in 2 weeks. That being said, I’d love to expand this conversation and dispel any doubts on the Mopar lift/ORP setup.
If I’m correct the ready lift UCA he is referring to is not the one that comes with the 2” kit. They are stand alone control arms and what a lot of us are using with the mopar lift + springs combo because they were one of the few options at at the time. They are deigned for up to a 6” lift therefore correcting the ball joint angle for the 3” the kit provides. I have had no issues with them since installing about a year ago

Attachments

• 68635517-E466-49C5-85FC-5F850CA697DB.png
    68635517-E466-49C5-85FC-5F850CA697DB.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 69

Clyde

Reaction score
If I’m correct the ready lift UCA he is referring to is not the one that comes with the 2” kit. They are stand alone control arms and what a lot of us are using with the mopar lift + springs combo because they were one of the few options at at the time. They are deigned for up to a 6” lift therefore correcting the ball joint angle for the 3” the kit provides. I have had no issues with them since installing about a year ago
I don’t think those are the ones he is talking about as they are not forged.

But even with that said, are they really necessary if you have the Mopar lift?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Clyde

Reaction score
Correct, I was asking if anyone is using the RC UCAs (link below). As far as the Mopar UCAs that come with the 2" lift (currently using) being the same as the UCAs that come on the ORP trucks, I cannot confirm that.
https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-...9D5di0gbDz_L0FyRi_dcFb-7ZOWJhYlwaAg07EALw_wcB
So I did some reading on this forum others have said that the UCAs that come on the ORG trucks are the same as the non ORG trucks.
That being the case, I wouldn’t think the additional 1” on the Mopar lift UCAs is going to be an issue.
Are you experiencing any issues with your current set up?
Here is some good reading, somewhere towards the end of the thread a poster is able to show the difference between stock and Mopar lift UCAs.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I did some reading on this forum others have said that the UCAs that come on the ORG trucks are the same as the non ORG trucks.
That being the case, I wouldn’t think the additional 1” on the Mopar lift UCAs is going to be an issue.
Are you experiencing any issues with your current set up?
Here is some good reading, somewhere towards the end of the thread a poster is able to show the difference between stock and Mopar lift UCAs.
Thanks for the link to that thread, good reading there. No issues yet and the truck aligned just fine after lift install. I am just a little concerned with longevity due to the angle of them (pics below). I would be installing RC or RL UCAs just for piece of mind. Bored and looking to spend money I guess :LOL:
IMG_20200327_084941.jpg IMG_20200328_143954.jpg

Clyde

Reaction score
Seeing the those pictures they are at much more of an angle than my non ORP Mopar lift. 10A94415-D9D1-45E3-970B-61CD47E564B8.jpeg FD96F959-D9C3-4873-A60E-E96AA02AC5E8.jpeg

Last edited:

Clyde

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that extra inch pushes them to the edge :oops:.
Thanks for the comparison pic. Do you have the updated Mopar lift?
Yes, I have the Mopar lift with the 2 spacers, my front measures 23 1/2” center of hub to wheel well.

Clyde

Reaction score
If I remember right (from other post) your front sits at 25”+... is that correct?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I have the Mopar lift with the 2 spacers, my front measures 23 1/2” center of hub to wheel well.
That could be the difference, I have the newer version with no spacers. I am at 25" front and 25.5" rear. You might be ok with the Mopar UCAs. Have you heard anything good or bad about the RC UCAs? I did a search on here and didn't see much about them.

Clyde

Reaction score
As far as I know, the new version and the version with the 2 spacers provide the same lift, the only difference between the two is the way the spring perch is positioned on the shock... original version utilizes the spacers to raise the perch on the shock, newer version has the notches that position the perch higher up on the shock, eliminating the need for the spacers, at the end of the day - the perch sits in the same position on both versions. Seems like the consensus on here is that 23 1/2” is the height both versions sit at.

Sounds like you gained 1 1/2” by adding the ORP springs...

I have not heard or read any reviews on the RC UCAs you are looking at.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know, the new version and the version with the 2 spacers provide the same lift, the only difference between the two is the way the spring perch is positioned on the shock... original version utilizes the spacers to raise the perch on the shock, newer version has the notches that position the perch higher up on the shock, eliminating the need for the spacers, at the end of the day - the perch sits in the same position on both versions. Seems like the consensus on here is that 23 1/2” is the height both versions sit at.

Sounds like you gained 1 1/2” by adding the ORP springs...

I have not heard or read any reviews on the RC UCAs you are looking at.
That makes sense. Thanks for all the good info. I like the price point of the RC UCAs better than the RL UCAs ha. I will keep you posted on what I decide to go with.

Ram1992

Reaction score
I’ll be going with RC due to price. I had found a set of RL UCA on Amazon for $380. I should have bought them ..

Rustin5

Reaction score
I don’t think those are the ones he is talking about as they are not forged.

But even with that said, are they really necessary if you have the Mopar lift?
I was referring to the ready lift not RC. Sorry I thought you where talking About the 2” RL arms that come with the kit but I see now you were talking about Mopar ones!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll be going with RC due to price. I had found a set of RL UCA on Amazon for $380. I should have bought them ..
Yeah that's a good price for the RL UCAs. I am waiting for a good deal on either RL or RC..... Im not in a big hurry.

Ram1992

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on RC. I hope to have the second spacer along with the RC UCA this week or next.

Users who are viewing this thread