5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here have a bedrug? Do you like it?

JustMe

Reaction score
Had the Original & only style (at the time) installed on my 2003 Dodge 1500 - had it for 13 years and looked nearly just as it did the day I installed . Of Course Your application / use won't be as mine - mostly as a base for Camping out of, never for "dirty yard work stuff"! However if you watch various online videos (3rd party reviewers & the Companies) you'll see it is Easy to Clean too . Seeing as how you have a spray in, this will hinder your ability to Fully Mount, following the instructions is paramount in this case . I highly recommend getting the FULL BedRug, not just the floor . . . especially for those who do not have a spray in ! When I finally get my new 2020 (not yet ordered) it too will have a CAP & a Full BedRug - once again for the Camping mostly .

heydre

Reaction score
I've had two FULL bedrugs for the last twenty years in my GMC and Chevy trucks. VERY durable, cleans easily, and looks good.
  • I often vacuum out pet hair, duff, and dirt with no problem (or hose soak with bed tilted towards weep hole when DIRTY).
  • Things slide if smooth so you'll have to solve that with boards/cords.
  • Rust was NEVER a problem.
  • Keep in mind that you have to be creative about the install to get it tight and flush and things may have changed in the last couple years if their quality of materials has changed (like many...).
  • Also slept on it MANY times (roadside or camping) but still wanted a campmat on top of it.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would velcro it down because it could possibly lift right out of the bed and start flying down the highway. You wouldn't want it to end up on the windshield of another vehicle, could be disastrous for all involved. Anyway, enjoy your new Bed Rug, worth every penny!
I have a truck top on my truck, so the only way that's going to happen is if the wind first tears the top off the truck - in which case, as they say, I'll have bigger fish to fry :ROFLMAO:

vrhino

Reaction score
Just installed a bed rug xlt on my '19 ram 1500 big horn with a 5'7" bed. I have a line-x liner underneath of it. Only issue I've had so far is that the bed rug material makes for a very tight fit at the bottom of the tailgate, to the point it feels like there is some stress on the hinges. Anyone else experience this?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed a bed rug xlt on my '19 ram 1500 big horn with a 5'7" bed. I have a line-x liner underneath of it. Only issue I've had so far is that the bed rug material makes for a very tight fit at the bottom of the tailgate, to the point it feels like there is some stress on the hinges. Anyone else experience this?
Nope, not at all. Mine is cut such that there is maybe 1/4-1/2 inch between the end of the rug and the end of the bed. Maybe your liner is thicker than mine or it's the way your rug is cut. Mine fits great, exactly how it should fit. I would look near the wheel well to see if there's any hanging material or something. Worse case scenario, if you take it out, lay it on a flat concrete driveway, and use a straight edge, you can cut this with a really sharp utility knife the same way you would cut insulation, and just take 1/2" off that way.

dsn112

Reaction score

It will break in some. Probably fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doublenichols

Reaction score
...LOVE my BedRug!! I’ve owned several RAMS, and it‘s always my very first purchase. Knock on wood, I’ve yet to encounter an issue!

Attachments

• EECD3E20-2CE8-45A8-B36C-643E6BEF4FE4.jpeg
    EECD3E20-2CE8-45A8-B36C-643E6BEF4FE4.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 53
  • F324674C-E24D-4471-A569-1C3F4E8DE63F.jpeg
    F324674C-E24D-4471-A569-1C3F4E8DE63F.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 54

Boston

Reaction score
I got some as a carpet set up in my wheeling truck. Just cut it to size. Love it!

vrhino

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the Line-x is just thick enough on the bed lip and the tailgate to make it a tight fit. The "bridge" flap mostly stays out of the way, but there is some of the material that still gets pinched when closed. Dsn112, it does seem to have gotten better after a few days of compression.

Attachments

• 0121210936.jpg
    0121210936.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 0121210936a.jpg
    0121210936a.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 31

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have noted that I don't have the tailgate part, as that would never work well with my truck as a work truck. Typically I end up with a lot of sawdust and debris, and I let it fall through the gap when I clean up. So I don't use the full bed rug.

Users who are viewing this thread