5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here have a bedrug? Do you like it?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals!

I'm considering buying a bed rug for my Ram. I have a truck shell on the back, which I love. I also have a spray-in bedliner, which is nice, but really hard on my knees and ankles when crawling up in there to get stuff in/out. It's also a little abrasive on some stuff you might want to slide in and out of the bed without scratching it all up.

So I'm looking at the bedrug bottom only, as well as the gator one bottom only. I'm curious how those of you who have this thing like it or don't like it. I carry mostly power tools and supplies in the back of my truck - chop saw, table saw, etc. Also plumbing/electrical supplies, sometimes lumber (I have a hitch extender). Once in a while leftover trash. Sometimes I leave the tailgate down to carry the longer stuff.

How well does this thing work to hold things in place? Can you slide stuff in easily without worrying about it sliding all over the place when you *don't* want it to move? How easy is it to clean when you do get stuff in there - I don't carry much dirt or stuff like that but sawdust tends to accumulate because of the saws.

If anyone has any pics of this in their truck that would be great too!

dsn112

Reaction score
I have the full rug, so it's more secure, but I like it alot, especially when i have to climb in and out of the bed.

Right now my bed is full of beach gear, chairs, umbrellas, sand and nothing is sliding at all. I love it.

I got mine from autoanything and used 20% off. I'd get the full rug honestly, having side and rear protection is nice.
ec08ec72b89b84965496591b2eba4dc6.jpg

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will second getting a full rug. I had one in my last Ram for 12 years and my only complaint was it can be a little too soft (on the bottom where the closed cell foam matches the ribs of the truck bed) and one time a corner of a dresser made a small slit cut in the rug.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
I opted for a Bedrug on this rig and absolutely love it, I have a Bakflip so its covered would hate to see it in the elements as it does get wet.

For the Average daily carry stuff its great, I actually transport some glass merchandise every now and then and this soft material works Excellent in not allowing things to slide around and won't destroy your cargo.

Lots of compliments from people that have never seen one as well.

Lize

Reaction score
I love Bedrugs, anti slip, soft on the knees and very durable. Had a full rug in my old Raptor, it looked nearly as good after 2+ years when I sold it. A working truck which I loaded all sorts, just jet washed it afterwards, including used oil etc.

Have fitted one to the floor in my Rebel even though I have spray in. Used a non Rambox one and cut it down, dealer got the full version rather than the mat so I also lined the bulkhead.

Do get one to fit the Ram as that fills the ribs in the floor and is better. I have a universal one in my Maloo and it’s good but doesn’t fill the ribs so not quite as kind on the knees but still much better than non.

borden72

Reaction score
I have the full bedrug installed and Pace Edwards retracting tonneau cover. Its a nice setup. It keeps things from sliding all over the bed to a certain extent. Shop around and get a good deal. Labor day sales are coming.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i too have a full bedrug in my truck.
be sure to get the tailgate cover with the bottom rug if you choose to not purchase the full mat.
be aware the mat uses a 3M adhesive hook and loop so your spray in liner will have to be preped accordingly.

WA-G

Reaction score
I have the bedrug XLT. If i could I would send it back for the full liner. It is nice but does not fill the gap well all the way to side walls. I could see things getting caught there and going under rug really easy. I do not have a spray in or other liner. The tailgate cover is nice but I could not use the plastic mounting channel that came with it. It caused the rug to interfere with my Retrax cover sealing to tailgate. Found mine on Amazon for $199. For your application with spray in and what you plan to haul. I would probably go with the XLT. If you do have things get under rug you can easily get it up for cleaning under it.

RJS

Reaction score
Had an Access "bedrug" in my 14 Sport 6'4" for the same reason you want one, knees. It's great, I liked it so much I cut it down for my 19 5'7" bed. Over the years I've had a few spills on it and I just took it out, hosed it down until clean and let it air dry. One spill, interestingly was a quart of Awesome cleaner from Dollar Tree, a strong cleaner. Just hosed it off until it quit foaming and let it dry. Moral of the story, you can use cleaners on it to clean it.

Lize

Reaction score
With sticking down the bedrug, I’ve always hosed mine off in-situ and left the tonneau cover open to dry off. Best done on a sunny day.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys & gals!

I'm considering buying a bed rug for my Ram. I have a truck shell on the back, which I love. I also have a spray-in bedliner, which is nice, but really hard on my knees and ankles when crawling up in there to get stuff in/out. It's also a little abrasive on some stuff you might want to slide in and out of the bed without scratching it all up.

So I'm looking at the bedrug bottom only, as well as the gator one bottom only. I'm curious how those of you who have this thing like it or don't like it. I carry mostly power tools and supplies in the back of my truck - chop saw, table saw, etc. Also plumbing/electrical supplies, sometimes lumber (I have a hitch extender). Once in a while leftover trash. Sometimes I leave the tailgate down to carry the longer stuff.

How well does this thing work to hold things in place? Can you slide stuff in easily without worrying about it sliding all over the place when you *don't* want it to move? How easy is it to clean when you do get stuff in there - I don't carry much dirt or stuff like that but sawdust tends to accumulate because of the saws.

If anyone has any pics of this in their truck that would be great too!

I bought the Bedrug XLT from Luke at Truck Alterations. I absolutely love it. Got it for the exact reasons you're stating. I have the spray in liner so I felt no need for the full rug since the bed is protected and I just wanted the rug for my knees and to keep from scratching items as I slide them in and out. I have a Lomax cover on it as well and couldn't be happier. Nothing slides around at all, I have a cargo bar and barely even use it. I recently hauled a bunch of mulch and some spilled out. I just hosed it out which took care of most of it and sucked the rest out with my shop vac (some mulch sticks got stuck to the carpet fibers). Overall very easy.

No need for the full rug, get the Bedrug XLT. It comes with the attached tailgate piece and is half the cost of the full rug. Call Luke at Truck Alterations, nobody can beat his price.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had full Bedrugs in my 2010 and 2014 Ram 1500s and I really liked them. They are very durable and pleasantly easy on your knees if you have to get back there.

I did not opt to go the Bedrug route on my '19 because there's one drawback that caused me some grief.

Living in the northeast we quite often get rain followed by a freeze. With the full Bedrug version the bed and tailgate are one continuous, single piece at installation. Several times I found I could not open the tailgate because the fabric of the bed froze to the fabric on the tailgate where the tailgate meets the bed.

As a workaround on my second Bedrug, I severed the tailgate material from the rest of the Bedrug, and removed enough material so that when closed the tailgate material on the tailgate did not touch the material on the bed. This left a gap of about 1/2 inch, enough so that they wouldn't freeze together.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 020428 miles.

Rebel 12

Reaction score
I love Bedrugs, anti slip, soft on the knees and very durable. Had a full rug in my old Raptor, it looked nearly as good after 2+ years when I sold it. A working truck which I loaded all sorts, just jet washed it afterwards, including used oil etc.

Have fitted one to the floor in my Rebel even though I have spray in. Used a non Rambox one and cut it down, dealer got the full version rather than the mat so I also lined the bulkhead.

Do get one to fit the Ram as that fills the ribs in the floor and is better. I have a universal one in my Maloo and it’s good but doesn’t fill the ribs so not quite as kind on the knees but still much better than non.
I have been wanting a bed rug. Is yours for a 2018? How does it fit at the top of the box ? Can you post some pictures

smankins

Reaction score
I just put the Bedrug XLT Impact in yesterday and overall I like the way it looks. Like someone else mentioned I wish the fit in the corners would have been a little better but I doubt that will be an issue with scratching the bed. Time will tell on durability but from everything I've read they should hold up well.

Attachments

• Bedrug1.jpg
    Bedrug1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Bedrug2.jpg
    Bedrug2.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Bedrug3.jpg
    Bedrug3.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Bedrug4.jpg
    Bedrug4.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Lize

Reaction score
I have been wanting a bed rug. Is yours for a 2018? How does it fit at the top of the box ? Can you post some pictures
2019 DT, the dealer got the full rug including the sides, I was only wanting the mat version as they are cheaper but returning it from UK seemed too much fuss so used it anyway.
Pictures here:

RebelMike

Reaction score
I have the full liner as well. This is my second one, I had one in my 14 as well. I absolutely love them, and will not own a truck without one. They are very easy to care for and hold up well to anything I have put in it. I also had the factory sprayed in liner, just make sure you clean it really well before install, and get the extra velcro kit they sell for sprayed liners.

SpikeMike

Reaction score
Another vote for the bed rug. I have the one that goes on the bottom of the bed only. I also have a GatorTrax MX retractable bed cover. For the same reasons mentioned, I love the bed rug.

Also, I find that it has just the right amount of grip. I can slide things in but things don't just slide or fly around the bed when I'm going down the road. For me, I also like the bed rug because I haul my kayak around and the bed rug prevents damage to the kayak.

njech7

Reaction score
Just bought my first truck. Mine did not have the spray in liner. Do folks recommend doing a spray in first and then applying the bed rug or does the bed rug work well? My truck buddies are saying water can get underneath and rust away the floor over time. Don't need that! I'd get the impact bed rug. I'll be getting a tonneau cover as well. Thanks for sharing any opinions!

RebelMike

Reaction score
I had a bedrug full liner in my '14 for 5 years. No spray in liner. I lifted the rug just to look around before I sold it. It still looked brand new under there. No dings, scratches, or rust!

Users who are viewing this thread