5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have FOX 2.0's Installed

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm doubting that .5 will matter :ROFLMAO: Unless Baja across the bumps which these are not meant for.
oh you'd be surprised how .5" affects things... coming from personal experience and seat time. ride will be on the stiffer/ harsher side too. basically it's asking the shocks to do more than what it's designed to do and that also involves spring rates, valving, etc. it's a whole new can of warms lol

but if he's not gonna hit the trails fast then it's gonna be less of an impact.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Ok Boogielander you seem like the one that may have insight into this question.
I'm running Bilstein shocks that are valved for coil springs on an air bag suspension.
My Q is how specifically do the "effective spring rates" differ between air bags and coils? Which is more linear? Which drops off quicker? And what is the effect of running a coil spring shock on air bag in the rear of my truck?
Asking as an all pavement, no trailer, flat lander.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok Boogielander you seem like the one that may have insight into this question.
I'm running Bilstein shocks that are valved for coil springs in on an air bag suspension.
My Q is how specifically do the "effective spring rates" differ between air bags and coils? Which is more linear? Which drops off quicker? And what is the effect of running a coil spring shock on air bag in the rear of my truck?
Asking as an all pavement, no trailer, flat lander.
hmm can't really comment on bags. the only thing we do with bags is remove them lol
i can only tell you that bags in the rear is used for towing and if you constantly haul heavy stuff that go on and off the bed.

if you gonna be on pavement all the time just go with coil. better for long term

Ready Go

Reaction score
Looks good man! What year is your truck and what product number did you use for your rebel rear coil springs? I currently have 1” Motofab rear spacer but would like to upgrade to a 1” rear coil spring. Either ORP or Rebel spring would work for me. Just don’t know which product number (S/N) to order.
Here you go..check your spring # and cross-reference to the ORPs.
(The yellow highlights are for my Laramie G/T..sorry couldn't remove)
Keep in mind..supposedly the ORP springs are really only a 0.5" lift compared to standard springs, the other 0.5" lift is the 33" tires on Rebels/ORG Rams versus 32" tires on standard 1500s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113-062254_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113-062254_Samsung Internet.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh you'd be surprised how .5" affects things... coming from personal experience and seat time. ride will be on the stiffer/ harsher side too. basically it's asking the shocks to do more than what it's designed to do and that also involves spring rates, valving, etc. it's a whole new can of warms lol

but if he's not gonna hit the trails fast then it's gonna be less of an impact.
Basically what I said :unsure: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
Sitting at same ride height with Bilstein 5112 all around and F+R ORP springs and Mopar lift uca's. Getting ready to put Mickey's 285/65/20s on fuel rebel 20x9 with a +1 offset. Put 275/65 in atturo xt but wanted a tad wider and better quality tires. U like the Baja's so far?
Love em. Not loud. Run smooth. Look tough.

Mattdunne1985

Reaction score
Ya I guess fully reading would help 🤣 I was unaware you could get 2.5” lift from the 2.0s. Thought the max height was 2”
Yeah I talked to Fox and they said I could adjust them up another 1/2” without affecting ride quality which would add close to 3/4” of ride height. I went up 6 turns which was about 3/8”.

Users who are viewing this thread