5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have ambient dimmer switch issues?

chuck01835

Reaction score
My 2021 ambient switch doesn't seem to do much of anything. Also very low cluster level unless rotated to full!

Thanks
Chuck

Nels

Reaction score
Same for me. Had it looked at last week when my truck was at the dealer for other things. SA told me tech says everything checks out. The tech wasnt there at the time but if i want to come back when he is, he'd be happy to show me how to operate it.
Also, the gauge dimmer - it does nothing when headlight switch is in auto mode. Move that switch to On and voila, the gauge dimmer dial works! The dealer said they have looked at dozens of these and they all seem to work that way.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not terribly happy with how mine operates, either. But after reading @Nels post above, I guess mine is working as programmed.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same way on a 4th Gen, same as my inlaws Town and Country, its a Chrysler thing. The guy running the dimmer switch department is an idiot. Off, dim, and blinding should not be our options
LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I've only had my truck for a month. I remember the first time I drove it at night and didn't know about the dimmer switch controlling the 12" infotainment screen. That was blinding at night.

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
So odd, I used to be confused/annoyed by this. Then I realized that if I set the dimmer to just below fully bright (like right before it "clicks" into place for full on brightness) it's perfect. It seems to adjust the brightness based on how bright it is outside. I'm very happy now.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So odd, I used to be confused/annoyed by this. Then I realized that if I set the dimmer to just below fully bright (like right before it "clicks" into place for full on brightness) it's perfect. It seems to adjust the brightness based on how bright it is outside. I'm very happy now.
When you set it right before it clicks, and you have your headlight switch to Auto, it will automatically dim the dash and infotainment screen when the headlights turns on. It also dims everything when you manually turn on the headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread