5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a suggestion for the damn red light and speed cameras !!!!!!!

ldoh

Reaction score
Depending on state and jurisdiction, some tickets can only be issued if the driver in the photo image matches the identification on the vehicle registration. If so, registering the vehicle to the spouse and vice versa for the spouse's nips it in the bud.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Illegal in NY NJ also.
Whats crazy in NY also is so many people are putting paint remover on the plates. They are everywhere. I can't believe thats not worse for being pulled over.
NYPD is probably not that concerned about your plate, better things to do. Traffic Enforcement Agents (aka meter maids) on the other hand will probably bang you if they can. One of the TV channels had helped a person correct a bogus ticket for a "damaged" plate. Grew up on a dead end street in Staten Island, 7:20 AM and 5:00 PM traffic enforcement on the street, mean while same day the sanitation people (aka garbage men) didn't pick up my "yard waste" that a semi blind person could spot. Life in the "Big Apple" deteriorating rapidly. DeBlasio wouldn't screw with Sanitation based on prior mayors Lindsey and Bloomberg. Bloomberg demoted supervisors back to san men based on an idiot from Cincinnati, Ohio (later canned) and suffered the wrath of "stuck plow trucks" all over NYC.
PD is getting hammered and no back up by the DeBlasio Admin. Why bother stopping someone and face a potential problem. PD getting water dumped on them and walking away shows the level this administration has taken the PD. Ask ANY NYPD member "how many years do you have on the job" and they will say "I have XXXX to go to my 20". Sad situation.

By the way I believe the cameras now stay on till 10 or 10:30 PM for the "school" speed cameras. Thank Governor Cuomo's state approval.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Can they get you from the back if you drive with your tailgate down? Or get a hitch mount bike rack and carry around a cheap bike.... Pull your front plate, but have it on your dash if you get pulled over.
Not that I'm suggesting you speed and get away with it......

Lungs414

Reaction score
NYPD is probably not that concerned about your plate, better things to do. Traffic Enforcement Agents (aka meter maids) on the other hand will probably bang you if they can. One of the TV channels had helped a person correct a bogus ticket for a "damaged" plate. Grew up on a dead end street in Staten Island, 7:20 AM and 5:00 PM traffic enforcement on the street, mean while same day the sanitation people (aka garbage men) didn't pick up my "yard waste" that a semi blind person could spot. Life in the "Big Apple" deteriorating rapidly. DeBlasio wouldn't screw with Sanitation based on prior mayors Lindsey and Bloomberg. Bloomberg demoted supervisors back to san men based on an idiot from Cincinnati, Ohio (later canned) and suffered the wrath of "stuck plow trucks" all over NYC.
PD is getting hammered and no back up by the DeBlasio Admin. Why bother stopping someone and face a potential problem. PD getting water dumped on them and walking away shows the level this administration has taken the PD. Ask ANY NYPD member "how many years do you have on the job" and they will say "I have XXXX to go to my 20". Sad situation.

By the way I believe the cameras now stay on till 10 or 10:30 PM for the "school" speed cameras. Thank Governor Cuomo's state approval.
Agreed with everything you say. My brother is a sanman. I know it well.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I just saw a youtube video about computer screen privacy. Rotating it 90 degrees and using it to block viewing from above but not from side to side. Cheap enough to try it.

ramhead

Reaction score
I just saw a youtube video about computer screen privacy. Rotating it 90 degrees and using it to block viewing from above but not from side to side. Cheap enough to try it.

Problem is in many states ANY type of license plate covering is illegal and a reason for a MV stop. Hell, in communist NJ even some license plate FRAMES can get you a ticket if they obscure the top/bottom edges of the plate. You have to use a thin bezel frame in order to ensure all wording is visible & readable.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Live Brooklyn NY The worst mayor ever continues to install these damn cameras everywhere. License plate covers are illegal since all bridges and tunnel tolls are fully autonomous., and risky to use them.
If you are a freedom loving American you are welcome to move down here to South Carolina, where liberty and freedom still exist. Many of your fellow New Yorkers have already begun to move South. However, it is imperative that you do not bring the politics and left leaning programs from your state here! Do not try to control your neighbor. Down here we strive to live mostly by natural law.

The link below has some information on what you may do to fight this. Go to the right column and scroll down to the pink area. Although this is for speeding tickets, the approach is the same, you must be willing to fight and know that you are the BOSS of these civic clowns, masquerading as our masters. Your creator is the only master you have. Good luck!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Leave NY. Slow down. Stop running lights.

In an overly-enforced police state (city) that's starving for "easy revenue", the folks that can actually afford to drive cars are juicy targets.

This is politically based - not public safety based. So essentially, you change your lifestyle to match the restrictions the nanny government is placing on it - or you move elsewhere.

This, coming from someone who speeds and runs "orange lights" on a regular basis - so I'm not judging your driving habits - just WHERE you choose to exercise them.

Rick

ddharris

Reaction score
No different then cops hiding behind gas stations. It's all revenue. Got to watch your speed everywhere.

ddharris

Reaction score
If you are a freedom loving American you are welcome to move down here to South Carolina, where liberty and freedom still exist. Many of your fellow New Yorkers have already begun to move South. However, it is imperative that you do not bring the politics and left leaning programs from your state here! Do not try to control your neighbor. Down here we strive to live mostly by natural law.

The link below has some information on what you may do to fight this. Go to the right column and scroll down to the pink area. Although this is for speeding tickets, the approach is the same, you must be willing to fight and know that you are the BOSS of these civic clowns, masquerading as our masters. Your creator is the only master you have. Good luck!

Good lord

Lungs414

Reaction score
No different then cops hiding behind gas stations. It's all revenue. Got to watch your speed everywhere.
I understand you, really I do but there is no comparison to a cop hiding behind a gas station. It is extremely irritating, and more popping up all the time., but they tell you ,well it doesn't go on your license..... blah blah blah. Fifty bucks a pop.

Lungs414

Reaction score

The link below has some information on what you may do to fight this. Go to the right column and scroll down to the pink area. Although this is for speeding ticket ets, the approach is the same, you must be willing to fight and know that you are the BOSS of these civic clowns, masquerading as our masters. Your creator is the only master you have. Good luck!

Can't stand the liberals. There are still a bunch of tight conservative areas, but on the whole completely outnumbered. The complete A RSE AOC really could have helped a down neighborhood, but blocked Amazon. Not that Bezos is any better, the only good point is they came for him...
And apparently still are.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completely agree.. I've gotten 3 in Houston, at the exact same red light.. Turning right on red between midnight and 5 am on my way home from work each time.. I've seen the videos... I pull up, come to a complete stop, wait about 2 seconds then turn right.. Apparently 2 seconds isn't enough time before turning..

It was my shortest route home going through that light so I just started cutting through the gas station parking lot on the same corner..
Interesting, I just read that Texas outlawed red light cameras this year? Have you checked into that or are you going by your recent experience?

Mike504

Reaction score
Live Brooklyn NY The worst mayor ever continues to install these damn cameras everywhere. License plate covers are illegal since all bridges and tunnel tolls are fully autonomous., and risky to use them.
These cameras always pissed me off. I got ticketed by one myself. Thankfully they just passed a bill outlawing them in texas, where I live, so they will all be deactivated.

Not much you can do other than very strictly adhering to the law when you see them.

ddharris

Reaction score
I understand you, really I do but there is no comparison to a cop hiding behind a gas station. It is extremely irritating, and more popping up all the time., but they tell you ,well it doesn't go on your license..... blah blah blah. Fifty bucks a pop.
They shut down an entire police department for " unsound practices" in Waldo Florida.
Place was a ticket magnet area.

Jako

Reaction score
Problem is in many states ANY type of license plate covering is illegal and a reason for a MV stop. Hell, in communist NJ even some license plate FRAMES can get you a ticket if they obscure the top/bottom edges of the plate. You have to use a thin bezel frame in order to ensure all wording is visible & readable.
It works that way in NY also. Neighbor's wife (he is a NYPD civilian IT employee) got a ticket by NY State Trooper for the same BS. Revenue for local town was explained to me. I have no legitimate idea where the $$$s go.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
This
Interesting, I just read that Texas outlawed red light cameras this year? Have you checked into that or are you going by your recent experience?
Oh.. yeah This was probably 10 year's ago. Those who know Houston likely remember the red light cameras in Jersey Village. More so the one at 290 and Jones road.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I have no legitimate idea where the $$$s go.

There is an accounting that each government entity must keep. It is called the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report). It is very difficult to obtain and is essentially the true set of books. The books WE see are the ones that show red all the time, so they can get another bond issue passed. What you will essentially see in the CAFR is that the Government owns literally EVERYTHING. Then again, WE are the government so I guess that means WE own everything. If only we would take back our government.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
They shut down an entire police department for " unsound practices" in Waldo Florida.
Place was a ticket magnet area.

back in the 70's - there was a city in Broward called "Hacienda Village". It was essentially a trailer park, a couple of junkyards and a C&W bar on SR 84, about a mile in length. More tickets were written THERE, than any other municipality in the county (and possibly the ENTIRE STATE - except for places like Waldo).

Hacienda Village (founded 1949) is a defunct town located in central Broward County, Florida in the United States. It possessed both a police and fire department as well as various other municipal agencies, yet still relied heavily on Broward County for many services. It was disincorporated in 1984 (allegedly having its charter revoked after the HVPD cited an influential state representative for a traffic infraction) and was subsequently absorbed into the nearby town of Davie, Florida.

I got nailed there more than once as a kid - it was really the only E/W through road on that side of town. 100% of revenue was derived from traffic citations.

Rick

Patsy1099

Reaction score
It is called the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report). It is very difficult to obtain and is essentially the true set of books

It should be very easy to obtain. Every state is required to have one up to date and should be readily available for anyone to download on each state’s website.

Users who are viewing this thread