5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have 24’s on there 2wd ride

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Trying to find out what offset I will need without hitting upper a arm on the inside and yet not stick out past the fender. Thanks for any help looks like when you go to 24’s it gets limited.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Your going to regret putting 24” wheels on your truck. Wheels that large put such a burden on your suspension and drive line. Any zip you had off the line will be lost. Your brakes will have to work harder when stopping. I know your not going to listen to me because I sure as hell didn’t take anyone’s advice when I put large wheels on my truck. Yes it will look good and for the most part will ride ok on smooth streets. But any functionality / ruggedness as a truck is lost. Try hopping a curb, Or speeding over railroad tracks, Or driving on a gravel / dirt road. You don’t realize how stressful it is driving watching out for every pothole and uneven surface. Just so you don’t bend your wheels or get curb rash. Especially if it’s your daily driver. Been there done that.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to find out what offset I will need without hitting upper a arm on the inside and yet not stick out past the fender. Thanks for any help looks like when you go to 24’s it gets limited.
I don’t know about 2WD, but there are some members running 24s... @Chavez98, for example.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I say go for it and please post photos and info when done. :)

Deezl

Reaction score
... maybe where you're from... But not if you want to go camping, hunting, or fishing in Colorado. Anyone want some stock 22's w/ 700mi n them? I love in Northern Colorado. Our 5th gen wheels will fit 69-present 4wd 1500 GM trucks and SUVs...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
36eb39eb5436e5f7885ff66e57eba277.jpg

f21c2fe3a14402a3ba08d6f6d6080f94.jpg

Last edited:

alexp003

Reaction score
... maybe where you're from... But not if you want to go camping, hunting, or fishing in Colorado. Anyone want some stock 22's w/ 700mi n them?

how much??

djbdb

Reaction score
... maybe where you're from... But not if you want to go camping, hunting, or fishing in Colorado. Anyone want some stock 22's w/ 700mi n them?

36eb39eb5436e5f7885ff66e57eba277.jpg

f21c2fe3a14402a3ba08d6f6d6080f94.jpg

Yeah...how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deezl

Reaction score
How much is exactly what I was going to ask.... I can pick up locally, unless you are in Rangely!
I MAY consider $1,800 with local pickup. OR, $1,000 if you have some Longhorn or Laramie (off-road group tires on the Laramie wheels) wheels and tires with less than 1k miles on them.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Your going to regret putting 24” wheels on your truck. Wheels that large put such a burden on your suspension and drive line. Any zip you had off the line will be lost. Your brakes will have to work harder when stopping. I know your not going to listen to me because I sure as hell didn’t take anyone’s advice when I put large wheels on my truck. Yes it will look good and for the most part will ride ok on smooth streets. But any functionality / ruggedness as a truck is lost. Try hopping a curb, Or speeding over railroad tracks, Or driving on a gravel / dirt road. You don’t realize how stressful it is driving watching out for every pothole and uneven surface. Just so you don’t bend your wheels or get curb rash. Especially if it’s your daily driver. Been there done that.
Actually the 24’s will only be 1” bigger diameter then what I have now. Going from 275/55/20 to 295/40/24. That’s nothing for 3.90 gears also it’s a 2wd drive it will never hop curbs or see a dirt roads but thanks for the input.

Hockeydad

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread