5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone had issues with rear window leaking?

CABK

Reaction score
I took it to the dealer since I got a letter about the leaky 3rd break light and my roof liner is water stained. The dealer just called me back saying it’s the rear window and they have to replace it. He said he looked in case there was a recall on that but said he didn’t find anything and the cost is around 1500. Pretty bummed since the truck is a 19 with 40k miles on the dot.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer since I got a letter about the leaky 3rd break light and my roof liner is water stained. The dealer just called me back saying it’s the rear window and they have to replace it. He said he looked in case there was a recall on that but said he didn’t find anything and the cost is around 1500. Pretty bummed since the truck is a 19 with 40k miles on the dot.
Lots and lots of people have had issues including me (cracked window frame). Use search and you find tons of posts on it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a recall on the back window being cracked. Warranty was extended to 8 years/150k miles for them. Dealer is full of ****.

CABK

Reaction score
There is a recall on the back window being cracked. Warranty was extended to 8 years/150k miles for them. Dealer is full of ****.
I wouldn’t doubt it.
I told them to leave it alone for now till I can look further into it. I did find a tbs about a cracked window frame tho. But apparently my truck doesn’t fall into that tbs.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
The problem is is no one can find said recall not even the dealers. Lots of people it exists but no one has provided proof.

CABK

Reaction score
I just found it on this forum. it specifically mentions cracked frame visible to customer. Ama try my luck when I go pick it up.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, not a recall, but they have acknowledged it. I saw the link they provided had recall in it, and immediately thought it was a full recall. This is the letter I received along with the third brake light letter for warranty extension. I don't see how they can say your truck doesn't fall into the category. I'd make them explicitly prove why.
1703113552292.png

scott511

Reaction score
Sorry, not a recall, but they have acknowledged it. I saw the link they provided had recall in it, and immediately thought it was a full recall. This is the letter I received along with the third brake light letter for warranty extension. I don't see how they can say your truck doesn't fall into the category. I'd make them explicitly prove why.
View attachment 173034
I purchased my 2020 Bighorn/Lonestar a few months ago. Fortunately for now it does not seem that I have a leak or cracked frame. If I log in to the Mopar site I have those 2 letters under extended warranties.
For all those that have had the leak, what is the dealer saying if shown the letter?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rear window leak should not cause a stained headliner. A shark-fin or the third brake light would.
I just received both letters for extended warranty on my 2019.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello,

We would like to look further into this concern of yours and see where we can best provide you with our support. Can you please send us a private message when you get the chance, so we can gather more information?

Dakota
Ram Cares

CABK

Reaction score
Hello,

We would like to look further into this concern of yours and see where we can best provide you with our support. Can you please send us a private message when you get the chance, so we can gather more information?

Dakota
Ram Cares
I did message you guys on Monday. ill try again.

Users who are viewing this thread