5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone hacked their Uconnect...?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the uconnect non nav and wish there was a way that i could screen mirror my phone bu adding a wireless adapter.
Out of luck unless you change the head unit.
If you have an iPhone, an option is to get a Pioneer w/ wireless CarPlay.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well they don't really mirror. He prob wants netflix or something.
Perhaps, but in UConnect “device mirroring” must be enabled in settings, so for all intents and purposes in this case, they mirror ;)

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
nope don't want Netflix or anything. The usb C jack on my Galaxy S8+ is junk and the cord wont really stay in and i'm not eligible to get a new phone yet. that's all

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
I just got my Rebel--came from Audi. Figured it was time to get a vehicle that actually suited my lifestyle rather than one that just looked really cool. With Audi there are a few systems that can be used to enable features that, based on trim, would not normally be available. One example is lane departure. Almost all new Audis have the required cameras and the motors in the steering wheel. But not all Audis have the button to toggle the feature on/off. However with a little software mod (via VAGCOM or OBDeleven) you can enable that feature and a ton of others.

I would assume that Dodge operates in a similar fashion. The 12" Uconnect in my Rebl might not display EVERYTHING it can actually do, but there has to be some software available that can be used to enable some of those features (like auto folding of side mirrors, or temperature threshold for auto seat/steering wheel heat to kick in).

Does anyone know of such software? I'm not looking for tuner mods. I really don't care about enhanced throttle response, and from what I've read, I'm not going be able to change anything that will cause MPG performance to radically increase. I want to enable the comfort/usability features that someone decided I should not have because of the "Rebel" branding.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Tazer will do auto folding of mirrors - assuming you dont have tow mirrors. Good luck on tempature changes - I've been hoping for that for years. Heated seats at 40degrees? I need them to turn on under 70.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Tazer will do auto folding of mirrors - assuming you dont have tow mirrors. Good luck on tempature changes - I've been hoping for that for years. Heated seats at 40degrees? I need them to turn on under 70.
Same here! I almost always have mine on if <70 deg.

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
Same here! I almost always have mine on if <70 deg.
Thats crazy 70 degrees is to hot. I live in Maine. I dont turn mine on unless its under 30 and even then can only take it for about 15-20 mins then turn on the vented seats

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thats crazy 70 degrees is to hot. I live in Maine. I dont turn mine on unless its under 30 and even then can only take it for about 15-20 mins then turn on the vented seats
12% body fat. I'm always cold...

magic280z

Reaction score
nope don't want Netflix or anything. The usb C jack on my Galaxy S8+ is junk and the cord wont really stay in and i'm not eligible to get a new phone yet. that's all
Same problem for me. I have a Galaxy s8 and the usb c port is crap. I've always wireless charged it so it didn't matter. Now I have a truck with AA and need to plug my crappy phone in again. I think the cable it came with clicks in and works better I've been meaning to try that cable on the truck. Wireless AA or CP adapters would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m experimenting with the magnetic iOS/Android cable below. They used to not work with data transfer but now they DO. I can confirm that these work with CarPlay. I have had this about a week so far and here are my thoughts.

Pros:
- the phone connects and disconnects much easier and faster.
- there isn’t any stress in the port of the phone where the connection is
- while you still have to physically connect and disconnect a cable, it is less annoying
- small converter piece fits snugly and doesn’t fall out

Cons:
- to have it make sense, you need to leave the tiny port adapter which converts from lightning/ to magnetic, connected to your phone, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of a quick connect. This isn’t really a con for me since I have one charger in the house and one in the truck but if you want to go back to using a regular iPhone charger, you will have to pull the converter piece off your phone (not a huge deal).
- the small adapter piece might not work with all phone cases. I had to trim the rubber at the bottom of mine to open it up a bit.
- when connected you can’t twist or move the phone around a lot otherwise the magnetic connection will be lost. When using in your truck, try to connect it, then place phone flat or in the holder on its side, not with the connection straight up/down. It will make sense once you try it.

I am going to experiment with rigging something in the truck so that the magnetic connection is fixed somewhere and I can just quickly drop the phone in somewhere and have it snap on rather than have to touch the cable at all. Link below for the cable I bought. I bought the 3 pack which comes with 3 cables and 3 sets of connectors.

One quick tip. When disconnecting the cable, don’t pull straight away from the magnet, bend at an angle which breaks the magnetic connection easier and doesn’t pull the adapter piece out.

FL-Ram

Reaction score
I would add an external camera - we haul horses and it good to see I side the trailer - we had that feature on an aftermarket rearview prior to this vehicle, would be nice to have integrated though
Optional camera kits are sold OEM for trucks that didn’t originally have it. Cameras are extra. Two possible. Kit is $300+ and cameras are probably $500+

magic280z

Reaction score
Probably best way to get wireless Android auto and Carplay is to wait until the upgraded units come out in the new Rams and hope they are just plug and play with ours. They typically have been assuming going from 8.4 to 8.4 or possibly 12 to 12. Ford is doing it for 2021 with Sync 4 so fca has to be feeling the pressure to get it done.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

Users who are viewing this thread