5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got light bars/pods/etc?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to share the lighting controller I’m using in case it’s of any value to this crew. I’ve installed a Garmin PowerSwitch to manage my outputs. The PowerSwitch connects to my phone via Bluetooth, and can be controlled by App or automatically via either of two control inputs. For example, I hooked my full light bar brightness to my high beam control input, and my DRL light bar up to my DRL control input. I can disable either input via the App. Most importantly, I don’t have any need to wire through the firewall or install a switch panel inside my cab.

Don’t mind the wiring, I could use to tidy it up a bit, but here’s my PowerSwitch install.
c21266479298f1e6dc4d1dead51e02aa.jpg

01f51c0b764bf84bb6a65aa493c7e279.jpg

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to share the lighting controller I’m using in case it’s of any value to this crew. I’ve installed a Garmin PowerSwitch to manage my outputs. The PowerSwitch connects to my phone via Bluetooth, and can be controlled by App or automatically via either of two control inputs. For example, I hooked my full light bar brightness to my high beam control input, and my DRL light bar up to my DRL control input. I can disable either input via the App. Most importantly, I don’t have any need to wire through the firewall or install a switch panel inside my cab.

Don’t mind the wiring, I could use to tidy it up a bit, but here’s my PowerSwitch install.
c21266479298f1e6dc4d1dead51e02aa.jpg

01f51c0b764bf84bb6a65aa493c7e279.jpg
Interestinf whats the cost for this. Setup?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Here’s everything you’d want to know about it.
THATS pricey! But I guess you have to pay for technology.
For me? On my previous Ram, I ran my light bar and pods through the firewall to a 3 way switch and pulled a trigger wire off my brights. One side was manual all on, center was all off and other side of switch was all on with brights and worked with my truck’s auto dim feature. Cost me about $40 for parts and $100 for my dealer tech to connect the wires.
However, with about an extra 17,000 Lumins of light added to my brights, I had to turn off the auto dim feature as road signs would light up so bright, it would auto dim my lights LOL.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
THATS pricey! But I guess you have to pay for technology.
For me? On my previous Ram, I ran my light bar and pods through the firewall to a 3 way switch and pulled a trigger wire off my brights. One side was manual all on, center was all off and other side of switch was all on with brights and worked with my truck’s auto dim feature. Cost me about $40 for parts and $100 for my dealer tech to connect the wires.
However, with about an extra 17,000 Lumins of light added to my brights, I had to turn off the auto dim feature as road signs would light up so bright, it would auto dim my lights LOL.
i think its kind of pricey also.think there is something just as good but alot cheaper ;)

BJG

Reaction score
I hope someone is still reading this forum that can help. Hopefully I didn't just miss it, in which case I apologize.

I am about to replace my front bumper on my 2020 (non-Rebel). I will need to install cube lights and ditch the factory fog lights. I don't want to cut the factory harness and I would like it to continue to function off of the factory interior switch. Does anyone know the name of the connector so I can find a mating pigtail, or can anyone link a pigtail?

Also, I believe my lights are all halogen, does anyone know if I will have any issues swapping in some Nilight LED cubes or similar? Not sure if the LED will pose a problem for the computer or anything.

Thank You!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope someone is still reading this forum that can help. Hopefully I didn't just miss it, in which case I apologize.

I am about to replace my front bumper on my 2020 (non-Rebel). I will need to install cube lights and ditch the factory fog lights. I don't want to cut the factory harness and I would like it to continue to function off of the factory interior switch. Does anyone know the name of the connector so I can find a mating pigtail, or can anyone link a pigtail?

Also, I believe my lights are all halogen, does anyone know if I will have any issues swapping in some Nilight LED cubes or similar? Not sure if the LED will pose a problem for the computer or anything.

Thank You!
are those fog made for that particular bumper🤔trying to retro fit them is kind of difficult.not much out there for them.are they like these?

Attachments

• 81A7Y8TfrdL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    81A7Y8TfrdL._AC_SY355_.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 47

BJG

Reaction score
are those fog made for that particular bumper🤔trying to retro fit them is kind of difficult.not much out there for them.are they like these?

I'm not sure if you're replying to me or something else, but I'm removing the factory bumper and installing this front bumper. (not my truck in the picture)

Attachments

• dg-19343-oncar-2.jpg
    dg-19343-oncar-2.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 99

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're replying to me or something else, but I'm removing the factory bumper and installing this front bumper. (not my truck in the picture)
oh sorry my mistake :LOL: :LOL: ..guys here have been trying to retro fit aftermarket "LED" in place of there stock ones..sorry...

Reactions: BJG

downsc123

Reaction score
For those of you that have the rough country light bars that have the DRLs in them, I believe they come with the 3 way switch below. How are all cutting the oval hole to mount the switch?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 29

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you that have the rough country light bars that have the DRLs in them, I believe they come with the 3 way switch below. How are all cutting the oval hole to mount the switch?
If was doing it, I’d drill two holes and then use a dremmel tool. Otherwise a series of holes and then use a small file to finish.

downsc123

Reaction score
If was doing it, I’d drill two holes and then use a dremmel tool. Otherwise a series of holes and then use a small file to finish.
Thanks. That will be the plan if that's the switch that shows up with the kit I ordered yesterday. From a bit more research, that bar may actually come with a rectangular rocker switch. I have seen pics and reviews where people have received one or the other.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you know you dont have to use that size switch..if you have to do all that.i would just use the simple round ones,,,,IMHO though

Attachments

• 103_1486.JPG
    103_1486.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 50

downsc123

Reaction score
you know you dont have to use that size switch..if you have to do all that.i would just use the simple round ones,,,,IMHO though
I would like to use a small simple one like that but I need a 3 way switch for the DRL part

Users who are viewing this thread