5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone get their tires to chirp yet ?

lrobbi

Reaction score
I've heard of the Core 4x4 control arms helping. Did you replace all of them or just the lower? I get wheel hop with just one wheel spinning turning from a stop. Quite annoying and cant be good for the differential.
I replaced all, both upper and lower. Better traction in the rain as well.

lrobbi

Reaction score
The Core 4x4 are made incredibly strong.... NO Flexing and when you feel and see the difference in the construction, weight and the bushings - its a little unsettling to think, "why didn't this come with a stronger setup". But this is a great upgrade and installation is about two hours... maybe 2.5 hours to do them all. You will need to torque them down, i think its 100lbs torque... I think. They also come with a great warranty. If you have a theme color, they will powder coat them for you. Its an additional charge for that.
Hope this helps.

fact mechanic

Reaction score
The amount of times I launched my Titan getting my tunes dialed in... Spirited driving "every once in a while" isn't even enough to consider. Now, if you're brake torquing and just burning out your brakes that's a different matter, but I had several hundred 0-60 and 0-100 launches in my Titan. Most of those when it was over 100k miles, and it ran better when I traded it than when I bought it new.
Had a Titan. Can confirm. Loved that truck.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Core 4x4 are made incredibly strong.... NO Flexing and when you feel and see the difference in the construction, weight and the bushings - its a little unsettling to think, "why didn't this come with a stronger setup". But this is a great upgrade and installation is about two hours... maybe 2.5 hours to do them all. You will need to torque them down, i think its 100lbs torque... I think. They also come with a great warranty. If you have a theme color, they will powder coat them for you. Its an additional charge for that.
Hope this helps.
The new hardware isn’t necessary is it?

Firebird

Reaction score
Mine will burn second gear easily. I once caught 3rd ever so slightly, but the weather was very cool, and I had 93 octane in the tank

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I chirp my 35s almost every time I take off while turning (and I drive like a grandpa usually lol). The couple times I’ve floored it from a stop it’ll spin the 35s easy without brake torquing.

Users who are viewing this thread