5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever pay off your truck early and get threatened by dealership that you are responsible for a penalty?

BAMA RAMMER

Reaction score
Can I ask you about the skid plates you had installed ? I had purchased 3 skid plates and installed the front one and the transfer case one, but I’m having trouble with the dealership getting me the correct install parts for the fuel tank skid plate ! They are not seeing all the parts( hardware and fasteners that’s required for install because of the way Mopar has it in the computer ! Can you help me with this ? I’d appreciate it !

Mike5113RAM

Reaction score
Can I ask you about the skid plates you had installed ? I had purchased 3 skid plates and installed the front one and the transfer case one, but I’m having trouble with the dealership getting me the correct install parts for the fuel tank skid plate ! They are not seeing all the parts( hardware and fasteners that’s required for install because of the way Mopar has it in the computer ! Can you help me with this ? I’d appreciate it !

Lungs414

Reaction score
Don’t you have copies of EVERYTHING that you signed ?
I ALWAYS DO !
No need to yell. It was a simple question, " Is it legal to sign away something thats in a finance contract. I am not a lawyer and was wondering if it happened to someone else.

FishNitro

Reaction score
Stories like this is why I always go thru my credit union when I buy. They give you a check that is good up to whatever your are pre approved for and then once you buy a vehicle you take the purchase and sales to the credit union and finalize the loan. It really eliminates a lot of the games dealers play with financing. They hate it and I don’t care.

There is only one time I went thru a dealer for financing and that was my 2014 Silverado. The dealer was owned by a friend of a friend and he gave me an absolute smoking deal on a special ordered truck and in return I financed it thru a bank local to his dealer so he could get that kickback. I knew what the deal was going in and I had to wait 60 days to refinance with my credit union so he would get his payment. I had no issue with that given the deal I got on the truck. The rate I got thru the dealer was darn close to my credit union, I refinanced mainly because I like my credit unions automatic payment and local service should I need it. We both knew exactly what was going to happen when I ordered the truck, he upheld his end as did I and in the end we both did well.

Users who are viewing this thread