5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else hear this?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Its 95, air going full blast for 30 mins, pulled in my driveway, turned the truck off and I literally thought a helicopter was flying over my house. My son said it was the truck. Turned it back on, then off. Same thing, super loud and slowly does down
I guess it's the fan, does this sound normal?

Jafcy

Reaction score
Yes, my fan runs for several second after I shut down the engine. I never mistook it for a helicopter whose rotor blade tips constantly break the sound barrier, but yes, it is loud. I've just gotten used to it I guess.

Mikent

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed the fan on my Ram running after I turn off the engine but have had other trucks with an electric fan and they all ran at high speed until the engine cooled down.

Luke R

Reaction score
Mine does it also. Very loud in the garage. Seems louder when it is hotter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Twoamen

Reaction score
Must be eTorque motors. I have 5.7 Hemi no helicopter sound. Engine off no motor sound but have something under bed that shuts down or cycles. Almost like a air compressor. About 3 seconds not all the time. Do not have air suspension.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Yes, my fan runs for several second after I shut down the engine. I never mistook it for a helicopter whose rotor blade tips constantly break the sound barrier, but yes, it is loud. I've just gotten used to it I guess.
Rotor blades don’t break the sound barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread