Anyone else hear this?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Its 95, air going full blast for 30 mins, pulled in my driveway, turned the truck off and I literally thought a helicopter was flying over my house. My son said it was the truck. Turned it back on, then off. Same thing, super loud and slowly does down
I guess it's the fan, does this sound normal?

Jafcy

Reaction score
Yes, my fan runs for several second after I shut down the engine. I never mistook it for a helicopter whose rotor blade tips constantly break the sound barrier, but yes, it is loud. I've just gotten used to it I guess.

Mikent

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed the fan on my Ram running after I turn off the engine but have had other trucks with an electric fan and they all ran at high speed until the engine cooled down.

Luke R

Reaction score
Mine does it also. Very loud in the garage. Seems louder when it is hotter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Twoamen

Reaction score
Must be eTorque motors. I have 5.7 Hemi no helicopter sound. Engine off no motor sound but have something under bed that shuts down or cycles. Almost like a air compressor. About 3 seconds not all the time. Do not have air suspension.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Yes, my fan runs for several second after I shut down the engine. I never mistook it for a helicopter whose rotor blade tips constantly break the sound barrier, but yes, it is loud. I've just gotten used to it I guess.
Rotor blades don’t break the sound barrier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)