5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else happy with MPG?

BigD

Reaction score
First post!

Thanks for all the info here. I was initially concerned with the @ 16 mpg I am getting currently, but as a few noted - after break in, the mpg tends to increase and normalize. So I look forward to that day! Coming from a BMW X5 diesel to the 5.7l etorque, the mpg drop was drastic (about 28 mpg, mixed, lead foot - to about 16 mpg).

Still love the ride, smoother and more fun than the X5 for sure. Once the mpg smooths out to around 18-19, I will be giddy!
I get about 17 mpg mixed. I get about 20 mpg mixed with my wife's Kia Sorento with a V-6 so 17 ain't bad for a truck with a V-8.

Goldsy

Reaction score
I’m averaging about 16 on my 21 Limited. I don’t even have 1000 miles on it yet, so I expect that to get better. Already better than the 18 Titan that I traded in, which was 12.5-13 at best.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did 275 mile trip (mostly highway but some local) and got 23.7 mpg (one point it showed 25 mpg) with 93 octane and no tonneau cover. Costco only had 93 octane and was charging the 87 price of 2.979. Had a 45 mile range till empty and it took 22 gallons. Pretty happy with the results.
I think it gets better mpg without the tonneau cover but the difference depends on mph.

Users who are viewing this thread