5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else feel like they got shafted upgrading to a 22??

BlackNight

Reaction score
My 19 big horn level 2 had ambient lighting with controls and foam bottle inserts. They took those options out of the 22 big horn level 2 as well as offroad pages for those like myself with ORG. Kinda feel like my upgrade was a downgrade. And with the prices of trucks lately, pretty disappointed in ram for taking these away from us.

Anyone else missing items that FCAs site lists as an option only to find out its not there anymore when you get the window sticker?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2020 BH level 2 has no ambient lighting.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
My ‘22 Rebel doesn’t have the off road pages. You would think a truck designed for off road use would include the off road pages. Hell, my ‘20 Grand Cherokee Limited w/o the off road package has them. TBH, the only thing I’m really disappointed in the ‘22 Rebel so far is the UConnect 5 system. The UConnect 4 in my Grand Cherokee is far better. I wish I could have the UConnect 4 in my Rebel.

usedup

Reaction score
I didn't like that they changed the radio details and the heads up at 1K is a big rip off.

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
My ‘22 Rebel doesn’t have the off road pages. You would think a truck designed for off road use would include the off road pages. Hell, my ‘20 Grand Cherokee Limited w/o the off road package has them. TBH, the only thing I’m really disappointed in the ‘22 Rebel so far is the UConnect 5 system. The UConnect 4 in my Grand Cherokee is far better. I wish I could have the UConnect 4 in my Rebel.
This mirrors my truck/feelings exactly. I went from a 2020 Rebel to a 2022 Rebel and the constant issues with UC5 is painfully annoying and like above the off road truck don't get the off road pages doesn't make sense to me. The base stereo still sucks and is one of the upgrades I plan to do because I intend to keep this one for a while, maybe... The other thing I am peeved about and it obviously not the trucks fault, is I went to the Eco diesel and the current news of fuel prices and/or shortages makes me wonder if I did the right thing.

There are improvements too, one of the biggest for me is the approach light on the tailgate.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What?!?!? No foam bottle inserts?!? Junk! That thing is just ready for the scrap yard.

Tell you what. Since you are a forum member, I have a prime 1982 Toyota pickup with only 378,943 miles on it. I don't drive it much and it needs a good home. I'll trade you even up. I don't mind the sacrifice. It's in great shape, only 75% rusted out.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amateur. You should have taken out the foam cup holders, floor mats and any other little extras before you traded it. The dealership isn't looking for those items when they're assessing the truck's value. The trade in price isn't effected and you can put those in the new truck if it doesn't have them. If it does, you sell or donate them online.
Just a tip for next time.

U

User_3336

My 19 big horn level 2 had ambient lighting with controls and foam bottle inserts. They took those options out of the 22 big horn level 2 as well as offroad pages for those like myself with ORG. Kinda feel like my upgrade was a downgrade. And with the prices of trucks lately, pretty disappointed in ram for taking these away from us.

Anyone else missing items that FCAs site lists as an option only to find out its not there anymore when you get the window sticker?
You should trade it for something else if you are unhappy.......

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never gave much thought to them not being the same color as the truck, but my '21 Night Edition mirrors are black too. Not a huge contrast with the the granite but I agree that they tie in well with the black grille. It may look out of place if they weren't black.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never gave much thought to them not being the same color as the truck, but my '21 Night Edition mirrors are black too. Not a huge contrast with the the granite but I agree that they tie in well with the black grille. It may look out of place if they weren't black.
They fit right in with the rest of the black on any color Ram in my not-so-humble opinion. I'd have been disappointed if they weren't painted black...

New tires 3_LI.jpg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure why you think granite is so special. They fit right in with the rest of the black on any color Ram in my not-so-humble opinion. I'd have been disappointed if they weren't black...
I don't think granite is special. I was just saying it's not a huge contrast so I never gave it much thought. I agree that the black mirrors tie in nicely with the black grille. That's why I said it would out of place if they weren't black.

BlackNight

Reaction score
What?!?!? No foam bottle inserts?!? Junk! That thing is just ready for the scrap yard.

Tell you what. Since you are a forum member, I have a prime 1982 Toyota pickup with only 378,943 miles on it. I don't drive it much and it needs a good home. I'll trade you even up. I don't mind the sacrifice. It's in great shape, only 75% rusted out.
Wow...I mean wow. Thank you for the most useless response of 2022. Your killing it. Glad to see you read the first sentence.

And for those who actually have a 2022 and had an Intelligent response, i thank you. I'm waiting on a call back from fca regarding the discrepancies that they list as included on the package versus what actually comes with the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread