5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else feel like they got shafted upgrading to a 22??

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 19 big horn level 2 had ambient lighting with controls and foam bottle inserts. They took those options out of the 22 big horn level 2 as well as offroad pages for those like myself with ORG. Kinda feel like my upgrade was a downgrade. And with the prices of trucks lately, pretty disappointed in ram for taking these away from us.

Anyone else missing items that FCAs site lists as an option only to find out its not there anymore when you get the window sticker?
I got shafted on my 19 with unresolved issues, now my 21 has unresolved electrical issue. I’ve had 6 dash lights on, no abs, no cruse, no traction control, no auto braking, engine light on, something else not working, been to the dealer three times, they ordered parts that the scan tool said would fix it! Parts replaced today, code cleared lights all off, drive 20 miles and all lights are back on and everything’s disabled again😩 told to open a case with ram, I fought with them for a year over the 19. The truck had less than 9000 miles when all this started!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow...I mean wow. Thank you for the most useless response of 2022. Your killing it. Glad to see you read the first sentence.

And for those who actually have a 2022 and had an Intelligent response, i thank you. I'm waiting on a call back from fca regarding the discrepancies that they list as included on the package versus what actually comes with the truck.
You still seem pretty butt hurt about your deal. The trade offer is still good. I'm keeping my spray can of rust converter for the snarkey response though!

U

User_3336

Wow...I mean wow. Thank you for the most useless response of 2022. Your killing it. Glad to see you read the first sentence.

And for those who actually have a 2022 and had an Intelligent response, i thank you. I'm waiting on a call back from fca regarding the discrepancies that they list as included on the package versus what actually comes with the truck.
Lighten up buddy, you just got to get to know the folks around here! Sometimes sarcasm fills the room.

Did you bother pulling a complete equipment listing for your truck?

Last edited by a moderator:

NRitland2

Reaction score
What?!?!? No foam bottle inserts?!? Junk! That thing is just ready for the scrap yard.

Tell you what. Since you are a forum member, I have a prime 1982 Toyota pickup with only 378,943 miles on it. I don't drive it much and it needs a good home. I'll trade you even up. I don't mind the sacrifice. It's in great shape, only 75% rusted out.
@Mountain Whiskey strikes again

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last Ram was an 02. My 22 is a huge upgrade, and I haven't found anything missing vs the sticker. Have the off road pages and the seemingly useless foam bottle holder. Although, now that I think about it... I had been hearing a weird noise every time the bass would hit. Turned out my daughter left a water bottle in the rear passenger side door. I wonder if the foam insert will fit the back doors.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny because my '14 came with the foam door cup holders. They were apparently not standard on all models (not sure if they are now or not), and I didn't want them. I took them out and sold them to some guy online. On my current truck I actually use them, so never took them out. I can certainly see both sides of wanting or not wanting them.
Although, even if you don't want them, they dang well better be there when the truck is new if they're supposed to be. I understand the OP's concern. Although do we know if they're a standard feature in the Big Horn level 2 (BH2) or are they an optional feature available with BH2? I know some features aren't even an available option on other trims, so maybe BH2 has them "available" whereas a Tradesman doesn't, but not necessarily something that should have been there depending on options selected.

Dewey

Reaction score
Do the 4th Gen foam cup holders fit in the 5th Gen’s?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You still seem pretty butt hurt about your deal. The trade offer is still good. I'm keeping my spray can of rust converter for the snarkey response though!
Sounds good, I just hope you never have any ongoing issues that even after multiple trips to different dealers, no one can fix! I guess when I spend $60,000 for a new truck, I expect that it works as it should!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I just hope you never have any ongoing issues that even after multiple trips to different dealers, no one can fix! I guess when I spend $60,000 for a new truck, I expect that it works as it should!
Well there's your problem, your expectations are set too high. Aim low and you're never disappointed. ;)

Seriously though, this is why there's a warranty. Although I'm in agreement about spending a lot on a truck and expecting to not have problems with it, in reality things don't always work out that way. It's the same with every car and truck manufacturer.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
You spent $60,000 on a RAM???? (with a 3.21 LOL)
You beat me to it!

Since he is into collectable vehicles, I'll let this baby go on the market for a mere $9k. Just needs a little wax and an oil change. Bargain Baby!
00-1974-ford-pinto-in-colorado-junkyard-photo-by-murilee-martin-1618969806.jpg

U

User_3336

Many guys spent over $100,000 for a TRX with 3.55 gears and bigger tires.

Just throw a supercharger on it. 😉
TRX is a boy's toy! LOL Go on youtube and watch all the stupid sh*t people have done with these $100,000 toys.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
My ‘22 Rebel doesn’t have the off road pages. You would think a truck designed for off road use would include the off road pages. Hell, my ‘20 Grand Cherokee Limited w/o the off road package has them. TBH, the only thing I’m really disappointed in the ‘22 Rebel so far is the UConnect 5 system. The UConnect 4 in my Grand Cherokee is far better. I wish I could have the UConnect 4 in my Rebel.
Wait I thought all Rebels came with the Off Road Pages?? I just ordered a 22’ Rebel GT Level 2 and I’m expecting Performance Pages AND Off Road Pages.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Wait I thought all Rebels came with the Off Road Pages?? I just ordered a 22’ Rebel GT Level 2 and I’m expecting Performance Pages AND Off Road Pages.
Maybe you’ll have better luck with the GT package, but mine definitely does not have the off road pages. I wasn’t expecting the performance pages, but I was expecting the off road pages.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to my window sticker, the off road pages were part of the Rebel 12 package.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TRX is a boy's toy! ....
Agreed. If I'm spending $100K on a Ram it's going to be a loaded up 2500. Heck you can build a Power Wagon for a lot less or a Limited Longhorn with a Cummins and nearly every option for $92K. That seems like a much better choice to me. Of course I want my truck to be a truck, not an overgrown car, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread