5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else feel guilty for having a dirty truck?

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I dont know if this is just me, but I feel kinda guilty that my truck is dirty. My vehicle is both a daily driver and a work truck. For instance I used it to go hunting, got it muddy and had my dogs in it (2 SiberianHuskies, they're not really hunting dogs, but they love to come with for the ride and get tethered to the hitch while were out in the sloughs) so there was hair from them stuck to the carpet, and i cleaned it out and that was what me and my new bride rode in 2 days later to the reception hall after our wedding ceremony. But I'm kinda torn about its condition. It gets dirt and debris and dog hair in it since I'm a trade worker and anytime I'm going somewhere other than work at least one of the dogs comes with me if it's possible. But then I also feel it's so new I'm doing a disservice to it. Dont get me wrong it's not like the interior is absolutely trashed, it's actually relatively clean as I clean the inside at least once a week. So does anybody else share my feelings? Do you guys ever feel guilty using such a nice truck for "dirty things"?

R

Rob5589

Not in the least. I won't wash mine usually from about Nov until Feb. It gets dirty heading out to the duck blind almost every weekend so no reason to wash it until season is over. Be proud you use your truck, like a truck (y) :D

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Not in the least. I won't wash mine usually from about Nov until Feb. It gets dirty heading out to the duck blind almost every weekend so no reason to wash it until season is over. Be proud you use your truck, like a truck (y) :D
Contrary to my post I do feel proud of it. I see so many brand new fancy trucks around here, and most of them are people my dad's age, so about retirement point, and they all look down on those of us who dont get a wash and wax every month. But then again, I'm also the person who with my 2003 ram before this one that when I saw the starch down the side of the bed I never thought about the ugly scratch, but rather about the hunting trip where I got my first buck, since that's the day an arrow stuck in some branches alongside a trail scratched the side down to the bare metal.

R

Rob5589

A scratch would bug the heck out of me, for a day or so. Just is what it is when you are using your truck as intended. I maintain my vehicles impeccably but know stuff is gonna happen. Hoping I can toss some antlers in mine here this coming week :D

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I don’t know if I feel guilty. But having just moved to Alaska after being in Texas for several years it’s bothering me that my Rebel is dirty. It’s something that’s going to take awhile to get used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkm312

Reaction score
To the OP. There is a significant difference between using the truck as it fits into your lifestyle and abuse and neglect. You clean it out once a week, so it clearly is not abuse and neglect. Give yourself a break, don't hold back, live your life with your new bride and two Huskies. Is the truck going to show some wear and tear sooner than some of us here whom have traveled down life's path farther than you have. Sure is. I would invest in some seat covers. They work really well for dogs and young kids:). Lastly I'm reasonably sure if you ask FCA nicely, they will build another one for you and sell it to you.
I remember my first buck. Brought it out tied down on the hood of a CJ5.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I dont know if this is just me, but I feel kinda guilty that my truck is dirty. My vehicle is both a daily driver and a work truck. For instance I used it to go hunting, got it muddy and had my dogs in it (2 SiberianHuskies, they're not really hunting dogs, but they love to come with for the ride and get tethered to the hitch while were out in the sloughs) so there was hair from them stuck to the carpet, and i cleaned it out and that was what me and my new bride rode in 2 days later to the reception hall after our wedding ceremony. But I'm kinda torn about its condition. It gets dirt and debris and dog hair in it since I'm a trade worker and anytime I'm going somewhere other than work at least one of the dogs comes with me if it's possible. But then I also feel it's so new I'm doing a disservice to it. Dont get me wrong it's not like the interior is absolutely trashed, it's actually relatively clean as I clean the inside at least once a week. So does anybody else share my feelings? Do you guys ever feel guilty using such a nice truck for "dirty things"?
No guilt for getting it dirty and using it.

I just feel bad having to park it where the sprinklers hit it

Firebird

Reaction score
I can’t stand having my truck dirty, but sometimes it just gets that way.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No guilt when dirty, but when she’s clean she looks damn good and gets a lot of compliments.

U

User_21361

You do you. For me, the best thing I ever did in this regard was buying a JK several years ago. I took it offroading a week after owning it. The scratches and dirt were badges to be proud of. I am a lot less stressed when I don't have to worry about keeping my vehicles pristine. Between random use, construction and idiot drivers, it would be a losing battle. Plus it rains 10 months of the year in the Pacific Northwest haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t my truck being dirty as it only brings more satisfaction when I do clean it and it looks brand new again.

U

User_21361

mine is black. i gave it the old college try for a couple months. now i'll probably never wash it again.
Haha I here this. I'll probably get it detailed once a year and head straight to a mud pit

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like my truck to look showroom ready but it’s fall! Too much fishing and hunting to do right now. I’ll be in the driveway mid-December with frozen hands making it pretty again.

Firebird

Reaction score
Mine is black, so I try not to let it get too far gone between washes, otherwise, it's just a bear to get looking right again.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am very anal. I wash and wax my truck regularly, and it stays in the garage. Honestly, I enjoy washing it. Sometimes I wash it even if it isn’t that dirty. Personally, I would never allow animals in my truck!

I don’t use mine as a work truck, but I do use it. I am very careful when I put anything in the bed so I don’t scratch or dent it, and I always use ratchet straps.

However, no matter how careful you are, inevitably something is eventually going to happen. I scratched the plastic trim piece on the top of the tailgate loading my snowblower last winter. It still bothers me every time I look at it. I thought about replacing it, but I know it’s just going to get scratched again, so I’m just going to live with it....for now!

ldoh

Reaction score
I'm more anal about keeping the windows clean. I can live with a slight coat of grime especially covering chrome. Sometimes I can convince myself less frequent auto car washes will reduces paint scratching. Having said all that I coincidentally ran it through the car wash yesterday morning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread