5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Considering The '24 Ram Dakota?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's doesn't make it look similar
Am I dealing with a bunch of blind people here? Look at the lower part of the grille; the dips on the bottom left and right sections, the middle part of the bottom raise about and inch or two above those dips, the angle of the lower third of the grill surround?

I'll bet you a manifold bolt the person who made this render based those parts on the GMC grille.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only similarity, is the bottom bar on both trucks have a raised center. You might as well say every grille that is flat on the bottom looks alike.
Considering that's a signature part of the GMC grille, I'd say that's a significant similarity. But it's more than just the bottom bar; the bottom third of the grilles are nearly identical.

Anyway, this is probably a silly thing to argue about. I can't believe I let myself get raked over the grille (ha!) over this.

grilles.jpg

Attachments

• grilles.jpg
    grilles.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 4

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am I dealing with a bunch of blind people here? Look at the lower part of the grille; the dips on the bottom left and right sections, the middle part of the bottom raise about and inch or two above those dips, the angle of the lower third of the grill surround?

I'll bet you a manifold bolt the person who made this render based those parts on the GMC grille.
I'm not saying they didn't base the render off a Colorado, but the grill is almost 100% Ram.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Considering that's a signature part of the GMC grille, I'd say that's a significant similarity. But it's more than just the bottom bar; the bottom third of the grilles are nearly identical.

Anyway, this is probably a silly thing to argue about. I can't believe I let myself get raked over the grille (ha!) over this.

View attachment 158824
Not even close. About 20 degree difference in angle. Different shape to the rise. The ONLY similarity is there is a rise. Gee, they both have horizontal bars too, like no other vehicle does.:ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grill aside, it's a GMC Canyon with a little photochopping. I see the resemblance on the grill of the unibody...
Screenshot_20230515_223327_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20230515_223358_Samsung Internet.jpg

As over rated as they are... the leaked Tacoma has my attention.

Screenshot_20230507_212207_Samsung Internet.jpg

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tacoma looks very cool but my crew cab makes life easy with two young boys. Can't give up the cabin space for the family or the bed space for work.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mules running around look like the Honda Ridgeline so that's a big NOPE for me. IF I buy another midsize truck it would be the new Colorado Trail Boss or ZR2 or perhaps the new Ranger Raptor. I like that the Trial Boss doesn't lose any towing rating despite it's off-road goodies.

ramhouston

Reaction score
That's just an artist rendering. Not an official Ram image.

I'd be interested depending on pricing and options. Give me a midsize Dakota with the Hurricane HO engine, RWD, and paddle shifters. Make it the new Dakota R/T
would never happen 😆

6of36

Reaction score
Grill aside, it's a GMC Canyon with a little photochopping. I see the resemblance on the grill of the unibody...
View attachment 158825 View attachment 158826

As over rated as they are... the leaked Tacoma has my attention.

View attachment 158827
The rendering you pictured is definately a photoshopped Colorado with a Rebel type grille. The grille on the unibody has a shape closer to a Durango, blending right in to the headlights. Chrome the edge, and put horizontal bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_161040776~2.jpg
    IMG_20220121_161040776~2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had a 05 dakota w the 4.7 back in the day truck was solid for 10 years until the rear wheeel
wells rotted out, id consider another w a turbo V6 ..if i could build it w black rims and elblems etc...

6of36

Reaction score
i had a 05 dakota w the 4.7 back in the day truck was solid for 10 years until the rear wheeel
wells rotted out, id consider another w a turbo V6 ..if i could build it w black rims and elblems etc...
That generation was terrible for rust. Wheel wells and tailgate.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my 2000 Dakota R/T in my garage. The best looking Dakota body. In process of building the engine bigger/better.

6of36

Reaction score
I still have my 2000 Dakota R/T in my garage. The best looking Dakota body. In process of building the engine bigger/better.
My first new truck was a Dakota V6. Great little truck. My buddy just got rid of his 98 a couple years ago. He always took care of it. Michigan winters, it still looked good until the last year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread