5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone able to sell their stock 22" tires?

LBTRS

Reaction score
I have an appointment to have some new Continental TerrainContact AT's put on my stock 22" rims. I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the stock tires at the shop to dispose of or if they are worth anything and can be sold? I don't want to take them home if they are not able to be sold and I have to store them.

Has anyone else had any luck unloading their stock 22" tires? If so, how many miles did you have on them (1600 on mine) and what did you get for them?

Appreciate if anyone has any experience with this as I need to make a decision before tomorrow. Thanks!

JLUR_

Reaction score
Throw em on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. You'll sell them easily and make some of the money back in the process. Better than just giving them to the shop.

LBTRS

Reaction score
I'm in Arizona so should be lots of people around here that could use all season street tires. I have them on OfferUp for $350 for the set without any interest so far. I thought they may be an odd size and may be hard to unload them. I'll try craigslist and reduce the price a bit.

Thanks guys!

Jneally

Reaction score
My local tire dealer is giving me $400 for my new stock ones. I’m getting Tera Grapplers.

EStein

Reaction score
I have an appointment to have some new Continental TerrainContact AT's put on my stock 22" rims. I'm trying to decide if I want to leave the stock tires at the shop to dispose of or if they are worth anything and can be sold? I don't want to take them home if they are not able to be sold and I have to store them.

Has anyone else had any luck unloading their stock 22" tires? If so, how many miles did you have on them (1600 on mine) and what did you get for them?

Appreciate if anyone has any experience with this as I need to make a decision before tomorrow. Thanks!

My tire shop only offered me $100. Brought them home and sold them in two hours on Craigslist for $275. I’d say if it’s worth your time then go for it. Don’t expect much more than $300-$350 though.

JoeRam

Reaction score

@LBTRS Would love to see pics of this tire and wheel after installed and your feedback on the ride. I am looking to do the same!!

LBTRS

Reaction score
It worked out okay. I gave them to Discount Tire as a trade-in for $180. I'm happy with that. Replaced them with Continental TerrainContact AT's in the stock size. I think they look much better than the stock tires. Thanks for everyone's help.

SamCooper

Reaction score
I thinking of selling my 22" wheels and tires so I can get a set of 20" rims with some meatier AT tires.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wifes jag had 22's, rode horribly so I opted for the 20's on my limited...no complaints.

JoeRam

Reaction score
It worked out okay. I gave them to Discount Tire as a trade-in for $180. I'm happy with that. Replaced them with Continental TerrainContact AT's in the stock size. I think they look much better than the stock tires. Thanks for everyone's help.
@LBTRS any chance you have pictures and any feedback regarding ride w new tires??

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
I swapped my tires to Yokohama Geolander ATs and sold my stock goodyear 22" tires on facebook market place for $600. Like new less than 1,000 miles on them.

CouchAssault

Reaction score
you should have no problem selling them. brand new take off's go quick on craigslist around here. as long as you're not asking 800$ for them. 400$ and they should be gone in a week as long as you list them right.

warvet

Reaction score
My wifes jag had 22's, rode horribly so I opted for the 20's on my limited...no complaints.

Crazy thing is I find 22s to be great on trucks, but it depends a lot on the tires and suspension. I've had them on numerous trucks. Having said that, the one thing everyone seems to be doing these days .......is the one thing that gave me the most horrible ride of my life. Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 with that 1000 ply .........I mean, 10 ply :) .............it's just proof that we all like what we like and 'comfortable' is subjective. Those tires on my level truck (Bilstein 5100) gave me the best LOOK I've had on any truck and on a smooth road, my God were those things smooth and the ride was just superb. In snow.............they were superb. But in the city, hitting any sort of irregularity .............it jarred my teeth much like the run flats that came on my BME 7 series (which I took them off of that car)

But I'd never do 22s on any car whatsoever. I could imagine that Jag may be a little rough.

I see the OP sold them already .............I put mine on CL once and they sold in less than 1 hour. Dude drove over an hr to meet me at the police station for the sale.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@LBTRS any chance you have pictures and any feedback regarding ride w new tires??

Ditto @LBTRS. I'm interested in the ride quality of these as well. Have you happened to drive them in snow at all? I think my Eagle Tourings did just fine in light snow conditions this past weekend, but the tires you just got would be a strong consideration for an AT if I needed to switch. Have to maintain that ride quality though, or I'll go the dedicated snow tire route for winter months and keep the ETs for the rest of the year.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy thing is I find 22s to be great on trucks, but it depends a lot on the tires and suspension. I've had them on numerous trucks. Having said that, the one thing everyone seems to be doing these days .......is the one thing that gave me the most horrible ride of my life. Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 with that 1000 ply .........I mean, 10 ply :) .............it's just proof that we all like what we like and 'comfortable' is subjective. Those tires on my level truck (Bilstein 5100) gave me the best LOOK I've had on any truck and on a smooth road, my God were those things smooth and the ride was just superb. In snow.............they were superb. But in the city, hitting any sort of irregularity .............it jarred my teeth much like the run flats that came on my BME 7 series (which I took them off of that car)

But I'd never do 22s on any car whatsoever. I could imagine that Jag may be a little rough.

I see the OP sold them already .............I put mine on CL once and they sold in less than 1 hour. Dude drove over an hr to meet me at the police station for the sale.
It was a Jag SUV, still rode rough.

warvet

Reaction score
It was a Jag SUV, still rode rough.

Extremely nice vehicle Heli! Only thing is, once upon a time, those were just called crossovers, now manufacturers have started playing with the titles. The Jag is a Luxury Crossover SUV, just as my wife's Audi Q5. 22s would definitely make that EXTREMELY rough. Those vehicles are too small for 22s and that Jag is a beast of a performance vehicle and the suspension is finely tuned. 22s, I couldn't imagine on it. I'm a 3 time GMC owner, but Ram just pulled me away from years of German luxury cars, but my wife remains a fan of them. I used to opt out of the huge rims on them because the suspensions were so 'race car like'

I think we both agree that 22s can be extremely rough on certain vehicles. For me, just my opinion .............I couldn't tell someone that 22s would make their Ram ride rough based on 22s that were on a much smaller luxury crossover SUV. I think it's apples to oranges.

It's all good!! We family :)

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Extremely nice vehicle Heli! Only thing is, once upon a time, those were just called crossovers, now manufacturers have started playing with the titles. The Jag is a Luxury Crossover SUV, just as my wife's Audi Q5. 22s would definitely make that EXTREMELY rough. Those vehicles are too small for 22s and that Jag is a beast of a performance vehicle and the suspension is finely tuned. 22s, I couldn't imagine on it. I'm a 3 time GMC owner, but Ram just pulled me away from years of German luxury cars, but my wife remains a fan of them. I used to opt out of the huge rims on them because the suspensions were so 'race car like'

I think we both agree that 22s can be extremely rough on certain vehicles. For me, just my opinion .............I couldn't tell someone that 22s would make their Ram ride rough based on 22s that were on a much smaller luxury crossover SUV. I think it's apples to oranges.

It's all good!! We family :)
For sure. Not being snarky at all. I love the way they look, hers just scared me away. I actually test drove a black one with 22’s. Had them bring me in a white one...no more black for a while...the difference in ride between 20 and 22 seemed negligible, but our roads here in Michigan are horrible. More likely to bubble the sidewall on a pothole here.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score

I also traded mine in at Discount Tire and got $220 for them, and replaced them with Michelin Defender LTX M/S. The ride is so much smoother and no road noise.

Users who are viewing this thread