5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone able to sell their stock 22" tires?

warvet

Reaction score
I also traded mine in at Discount Tire and got $220 for them, and replaced them with Michelin Defender LTX M/S. The ride is so much smoother and no road noise.

IA, what made you switch? I have Goodyear Eagle Touring on my 22s and I think they suck, but not enough to replace them because I only have 7K miles on them. For me, I think the wet traction sucks. First, I thought me being new to a Hemi was causing me to be heavy on the gas, but that's not the case. If the streets are wet and I take off from a stop sign, my rear wheels spin............and it seems they do it with little to no effort. I had a loaner 2 weeks ago and it was pouring rain and it never spun one time..........I can't recall the tires on it, but they were 20s and different.

Just wondering why you changed because I am going to change also and don't want to go to any sort of aggressive tire like my Nittos were. I just looked up yours and they look good.

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
IA, what made you switch? I have Goodyear Eagle Touring on my 22s and I think they suck, but not enough to replace them because I only have 7K miles on them. For me, I think the wet traction sucks. First, I thought me being new to a Hemi was causing me to be heavy on the gas, but that's not the case. If the streets are wet and I take off from a stop sign, my rear wheels spin............and it seems they do it with little to no effort. I had a loaner 2 weeks ago and it was pouring rain and it never spun one time..........I can't recall the tires on it, but they were 20s and different.

Just wondering why you changed because I am going to change also and don't want to go to any sort of aggressive tire like my Nittos were. I just looked up yours and they look good.

Personally, I just didn't have any confidence in them. Like you said the wet\snow traction was horrible. I also didn't like the way they felt on the highway. The truck just didn't feel connected to road on curves. The truck also road rougher than my 2015 Yukon Denali XL. Which has the magnetic ride control and that is a stiff ride. These new tires completely changed ride profile IMO.

warvet

Reaction score
Personally, I just didn't have any confidence in them. Like you said the wet\snow traction was horrible. I also didn't like the way they felt on the highway. The truck just didn't feel connected to road on curves. The truck also road rougher than my 2015 Yukon Denali XL. Which has the magnetic ride control and that is a stiff ride. These new tires completely changed ride profile IMO.

Thanks for that info, I've put them on my list. Appreciate it. I also had a Sierra Denali with Magnetic ......would you say these tires of yours give it a stiffer, more compliant ride? Sometimes I think comfort can take away from how planted the vehicle feels, which is what I feel with these tires I have. It rides nicely, but just not doing it for me either

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
Thanks for that info, I've put them on my list. Appreciate it. I also had a Sierra Denali with Magnetic ......would you say these tires of yours give it a stiffer, more compliant ride? Sometimes I think comfort can take away from how planted the vehicle feels, which is what I feel with these tires I have. It rides nicely, but just not doing it for me either

Now it rides like a vehicle with air suspension should. It absorbs bumps much better and feels sure footed.

djwdjw

Reaction score
Ditto @LBTRS. I'm interested in the ride quality of these as well. Have you happened to drive them in snow at all? I think my Eagle Tourings did just fine in light snow conditions this past weekend, but the tires you just got would be a strong consideration for an AT if I needed to switch. Have to maintain that ride quality though, or I'll go the dedicated snow tire route for winter months and keep the ETs for the rest of the year.

Given that I don't live in the snow belt anymore and 99% of my driving is street, in the 5K miles I have on the Goodyear Eagle Touring have been just fine and they seem dead quiet to me during city/highway. Not sure why they get so much hate. Granted you can break the rear loose in the wet, but I suspect that has as much to do with being 285 wide an the Hemi. If you want a quiet street tire they'd seem a good purchase as take-offs from someone wanting an AT tire.

After the Eagle Tourings wear out I'll switch to Michelins as I have been very happy with them on all prior vehicles.

MCPT1

Reaction score
Given that I don't live in the snow belt anymore and 99% of my driving is street, in the 5K miles I have on the Goodyear Eagle Touring have been just fine and they seem dead quiet to me during city/highway. Not sure why they get so much hate. Granted you can break the rear loose in the wet, but I suspect that has as much to do with being 285 wide an the Hemi. If you want a quiet street tire they'd seem a good purchase as take-offs from someone wanting an AT tire.

After the Eagle Tourings wear out I'll switch to Michelins as I have been very happy with them on all prior vehicles.

My Limited came with the Goodyear Eagle Touring tires, they were great on the road, but because my wife trailers a 2 horse trailer and is often parked in sketchy locations (ie. muddy fields) with a trailer weighing #3500 empty we wanted something with a more aggressive tread and picked up these Continental Terrian Contact AT's , so far they have performed well in slick mud, snowing like mad here in Michigan today so we'll get a chance to see how they do in snow

Attachments

• Contis.jpg
    Contis.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Limited came with the Goodyear Eagle Touring tires, they were great on the road, but because my wife trailers a 2 horse trailer and is often parked in sketchy locations (ie. muddy fields) with a trailer weighing #3500 empty we wanted something with a more aggressive tread and picked up these Continental Terrian Contact AT's , so far they have performed well in slick mud, snowing like mad here in Michigan today so we'll get a chance to see how they do in snow

This is pretty much my concern. I like my Eagle Touring tires on normal pavement. But I will occasionally hit a muddy level B road while hunting and also snow, so I was considering the Cont. Terrain Conctact ATs. How do you find the ride quality and noise on normal dry pavement?

MCPT1

Reaction score
This is pretty much my concern. I like my Eagle Touring tires on normal pavement. But I will occasionally hit a muddy level B road while hunting and also snow, so I was considering the Cont. Terrain Conctact ATs. How do you find the ride quality and noise on normal dry pavement?
The Contis are comparable to the Goodyears in both ride and noise, I honestly can't discern a difference

Users who are viewing this thread