5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody using CDT Audio?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love them. I have them in the front and they are way better than the infinity and OEM. I have the Alpine system.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the 2 ohm CDT Audio 6x9’s for the front doors.
What do you have for factory system? I know the Alpine uses 3-ohm speakers. I have the 3-ohm CDT Audio speakers in my front doors

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
I have the alpine system. Already changed all the other speakers with JBL GX series, but wanted a little more bass punch in the front doors.

Brunzca

Reaction score
I have a pair of CL-69SUB in the front doors, with 75W per channel. Originally has the CL-69, and these are great. But, tuning them makes all the difference in the world

Brunzca

Reaction score
equalizing, but At a much more detailed level (you need a dsp to do this). You can tune Out the distortion, and for mid-bass specifically, smoothing the transition from sub to mid bass speaker has a big impact on the mid bass speakers’ performance.

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
equalizing, but At a much more detailed level (you need a dsp to do this). You can tune Out the distortion, and for mid-bass specifically, smoothing the transition from sub to mid bass speaker has a big impact on the mid bass speakers’ performance.
Got it, thanks! Went ahead and bought them.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Did you install a DSP? I’ve been looking at doing this in my truck but am unsure what one to get for the HK system.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Did you install a DSP? I’ve been looking at doing this in my truck but am unsure what one to get for the HK system.
I had a Helix V8 dsp/amp in my 2021 Bighorn with the Alpine system, but wasn’t able to get it out prior to trading in. eventually, I’ll get another Helix for my 2022, which has the HK. There are quite a few options out there, Helix is very well regarded, and worked Perfectly for me.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I have a pair of CL-69SUB in the front doors, with 75W per channel. Originally has the CL-69, and these are great. But, tuning them makes all the difference in the world
So you fit the regular CL 69 speaker and not the slim one in the doors?

Brunzca

Reaction score
So you fit the regular CL 69 speaker and not the slim one in the doors?
I just checked my receipt. I have the slim one now (CL-69S), but previously had the CL-69SUB, which is deeper. I put a 1/2” spacer on it, and it fit just fine-probably could have used 1/4” or less

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I just checked my receipt. I have the slim one now (CL-69S), but previously had the CL-69SUB, which is deeper. I put a 1/2” spacer on it, and it fit just fine-probably could have used 1/4” or less
Would you say the regular sub or the slim one performed better? I was going to replace my current setup with a couple pairs of these

Brunzca

Reaction score
Would you say the regular sub or the slim one performed better? I was going to replace my current setup with a couple pairs of these
the sub was better, IMO. But I was running a 3-way active system, so could really fine tune it, and had it crossed over very low
IMG_0649.png

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I installed the CFS690’s in all 4 doors in 4ohm and disconnected the sub. Very happy with the sound and the improvement in quality of lower frequencies. Classical, Jazz, classic rock all sound great, even songs/ genres which are bass heavy sound so much better than the OEM woofers.

Brunzca

Reaction score
just ordered cdt 6.5” midbass for the front doors to replace the CL-69S. one Of my 6x9s has been getting staticy, I think it may have been slightly damaged while stored in the garage. I really wanted the sound integrity 6.5, but didn’t want to drop another $400, just for 70-250hz

IMG_0660.jpeg

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone using the CDT 4" coaxials in the dash on the HK system? Considering swapping out the 3.5s for something with a silk tweeter and the cdts are reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread