5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have the SumoSprings?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but do you think these could work on a truck with 2 inch drop springs out back? If it's solid rubber maybe they could be trimmed down?
You can trim them, because sometimes people cut them into a slant / 45 degree angle so they are more progressive with loads

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but do you think these could work on a truck with 2 inch drop springs out back? If it's solid rubber maybe they could be trimmed down?
Sumosprings actually told me they can be trimmed (flat or at an angle to give it some progressiveness) but that it would void the warranty on them. Low risk at $300.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually just did a set of the icon's, and they ride as good or better than stock, and they carry more weight..really happy with them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 2.40.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 2.40.06 PM.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 48

kdrose1992

Reaction score
Just to close this out, I reinstalled the modified sumospring perch and found that the universal energy suspension bumps I listed above work perfectly mounted upside down to the existing hole in the axle pad. When the sumospring is threaded off, the ES bump will contact the sumospring perch. When the SS is installed, it will take the whole load. Now takes about 1 min and no tools to prevent rear sag when hauling and doesn't impact my articulation at all when not installed.
Thanks for posting this, I may do this exact thing to mine. I have a '21 Rebel and installed the sumos's but would like a way to quickly remove them because of the harsher ride. This solution will be perfect for my needs, just screw them on for towing/hauling heavy and remove for daily driving and off road.

Have you ran into any issues with this solution after some use? I imagine a filter wrench or large channel locks can be used to tighten or remove them?

Users who are viewing this thread