5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody ever heard of the "Oil Udder"?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have seen this before and it looks a decent product. I use a gallon ziploc bag over the filter which works great

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There has been a few talking about these and saying they like them.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not a lot of room, not sure if I could squeeze that in there. I use the two zip-lock bag method. Use the first bag to catch the initial oil out of the filter, then remove it and slip on the 2nd bag to finish removing the oil filter. Won't spill a drop and won't have a piece of equipment to drain and clean later.

Just two zip lock bags I empty and the old oil I drop off at my local hazardous waste site along with any oily rags I used. I keep my old oil filters while my truck is still under the factory 5yr/60K powertrain warranty. Make sure to keep all your oil & filter receipts and keep of log of your date/mileage of your oil changes in case they require it during a warranty claim at the dealership.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't be able to use one with the oversized Royal Purple 20-820 filter I use. Might work fine with a stock sized filter though.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't be able to use one with the oversized Royal Purple 20-820 filter I use. Might work fine with a stock sized filter though.
I don't know how much bigger the royal purple filter is but if I remember correctly their website showed they have two sizes of the udder. Regular or "xl" size

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how much bigger the royal purple filter is but if I remember correctly their website showed they have two sizes of the udder. Regular or "xl" size
He means there isn't enough room to use it with the larger filter. I run a larger filter as well and it's tough getting a ziplock bag up there

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
He means there isn't enough room to use it with the larger filter. I run a larger filter as well and it's tough getting a ziplock bag up there
Yeah I use a ziploc with the larger filter too

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
old news

more here

Users who are viewing this thread