5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody add tow hooks?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2022 BigHorn but it doesn't have the off road package and therefore the pics seem to indicate that it has no tow hooks in the front. Has anybody here added tow hooks after the sale? Cost? Difficulty?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lots of people …. Ebay for the hooks and trim pcs …. Comes with instructions, or you can print em off the Mopar Accy website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Yes. Get them. I got the chrome ones with the bezel kit. Here are two pics of mine 6ECA7884-50F4-43DC-907C-E498445C2DED.jpeg 1DDC4C44-EF8C-4192-9B05-680712F2757E.jpeg

Bob.

Reaction score
This forum is costing me so much money.... LOL

I love ebay and ordered a set of MOPAR hooks and trim panels as well. I'm off after Christmas and now have a MOD list for the Ram. Funny, I never recall pulling on the front of any truck, always the receiver in back. But it looks better with hooks up front. That is a positively a must have, RED hooks up front.... :)

drumminj

Reaction score
Hardest thing was breaking the existing bolt in the frame. Thing was in there so goddamn tight.
Had the same issue - after much cursing and grunting, once I got those bolts free it was a pretty straight-forward install!

Bob.

Reaction score
And for some unknown reason, they aren’t hooks, they are hoops with no opening

Maybe some engineer thinks it's safer so the chain don't fall off? Find a D ring or strap....

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe some engineer thinks it's safer so the chain don't fall off? Find a D ring or strap....

I am an engineer, and I do have a tow strap …. I’m just bitchin …. At least marketing knows “Tow Hoops” sounds stupid ….

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I added them to mine too. I've put tow hooks on multiple Rams, and these were BY FAR the easiest set I've ever installed. Every other set I've done, you have to take the bumper off but not these. This was seriously a 1 hour job, and that's taking your time about it.

As for why hooks up front. I don't know about you folks in other parts of the county, but here in NE Ohio we get feet of snow every year. I've seen a lot of cars/trucks that are stuck on/off road and they need a little help. In some cases a little pull from the front is all they need to get out, and that can be much easier (and warmer) than trying to stand behind it and push.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I added them to mine too. I've put tow hooks on multiple Rams, and these were BY FAR the easiest set I've ever installed. Every other set I've done, you have to take the bumper off but not these. This was seriously a 1 hour job, and that's taking your time about it.

As for why hooks up front. I don't know about you folks in other parts of the county, but here in NE Ohio we get feet of snow every year. I've seen a lot of cars/trucks that are stuck on/off road and they need a little help. In some cases a little pull from the front is all they need to get out, and that can be much easier (and warmer) than trying to stand behind it and push.

I’m NE Ohio as well …. Lookin forward to a sh!t ton of snow, so I can justify getting rid of these crappy factory highway tires

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL no doubt. If get up into the snow belt (specifically around Chardon) you'll have that excuse. My factory wheel/tires were swapped with less than 200 miles on them for a set of Rebel take-off Duratracs.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL no doubt. If get up into the snow belt (specifically around Chardon) you'll have that excuse. My factory wheel/tires were swapped with less than 200 miles on them for a set of Rebel take-off Duratracs.

Down here in Hartville, the horse-n-buggy snow plows don’t work so good

Bob.

Reaction score
Well, I take back what I said about never using the front hooks. Going back to my youth, In 1990 I moved a 12' X 16' wood shed around the yard because I was building a garage and it was in the way. Had a few brothers layed pipe under it and I dragged it up and over. Then we made a new footing and pushed it home with the push bar on the truck. Needed 4X4 as it was a heavy shed.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2022 BigHorn but it doesn't have the off road package and therefore the pics seem to indicate that it has no tow hooks in the front. Has anybody here added tow hooks after the sale? Cost? Difficulty?

Count me in as well, I added the black tow hooks as my truck already has more than enough bling up front for my taste. If I can do it, anyone can.

Oh and welcome back, whats up the diesel gladiator, not happy with it?

bluecrewnuke

Reaction score
I put a pair of black hooks on my 1500 in September.....purchased off eBay. I haven't driven the truck even 400 miles since (retired), and the truck never sits out in the weather. The paint on the hooks is already flecked and showing rust. And the plastic trim pieces for the bumper cutouts did not fit anything like the OE.....had to be jury rigged.

Users who are viewing this thread