5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to stop side mirrors from pointing at the ground during reverse?

pathogen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 4x4.

Love the truck but I hate the side mirrors for it when reversing. They tilt so low as to almost be useless.

I took it to the dealer before and he says start them at a high point, save to your profile and then they will not go as low during reverse.

This is problematic because,
1. I want the non-reverse position of the mirrors to be at a useful angle for driving and,
2. The setting does not seem to stick in the profile anyway. They always seem to revert to their default tilt.

I had a 2016 Ram before and it never did this. Why does this one and is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About as useless as that dealer giving out that advice.

You did the right thing to come here and ask, I wouldn't bother with that dealership anymore.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are not using both of your memory settings, you can set one of them to tilt the mirrors down to the angle you need. not the best workaround but one none the less.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup...turned mine off, and every car I ever had with them they get turned off. When backing up I'm more interested in looking behind me than looking at dog doo, cig. butts, and pavement....

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
yup...turned mine off, and every car I ever had with them they get turned off. When backing up I'm more interested in looking behind me than looking at dog doo, cig. butts, and pavement....
On vehicles where they work correctly, I use them to get my tires really close to a curb, edge of pavement, etc. It's a great feature when it works right.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep I turned them off myself. Haven’t had that feature in any of car/truck I’ve owned prior to I was use to not having it. I agree they went to low to be useful for anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread