5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Ram Care folks still on this forum?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
:eek:

Threadjack; is it usual for a Start button to crack/split with only 4 years/17K on it?
We’ve got a Cherokee that has some weird delamination going on, but I haven’t seen a cracked one yet.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how they would have an ACC position with a push button other than to go with a more complex one. Every vehicle I've owned with a push button worked the same way. Change the settings for how long your radio stays on after shutting the truck off to max, which I believe is 15 minutes. If you need it to stay on longer you can turn the truck on then off for another 15 minute session.
Your current RAM has push button start, and most definitely has an ACC position.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 2020 ram in your signature has an ACC position on your push button:
View attachment 183688
Even other vehicles that don’t have an ACC position that you pass while getting to the run position like the Rams, you can still get to the ACC ignition on by pressing and holding the start button with foot off brake.

With the 2025 Ram (and wagoneers and grand Cherokees with the new CAN architecture), there is flat out no ACC ignition position, nor are there any ACC ignition relay circuits on either of the power distribution centers. There are only run relay, and run/start relay circuits.
View attachment 183689
Yup, you're right. Guess I was thinking of my Audi. The wife's been driving the Ram lately and my memory is crap. So yeah, there's that. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for the correction.

azzx

Reaction score
I checked - there is an option to keep the radio running up to 15 minutes after the ignition turned off.

another question, does anyone know if adding trailer brake controller is the same process as 2019-2024.

My dealer wants $980 to add/program the controller.
The controller is different part number, ordered on-line for $280

jkm312

Reaction score
Go into your radio, you can change it from instant to 30 seconds, 10 minutes etc.
It shuts off as soon as you open the door though.

Where in the radio settings can you change the times? I have a 19 and have never found where the timing can be changed. Maybe not programmable on a 19. Asking for my own information.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked - there is an option to keep the radio running up to 15 minutes after the ignition turned off.

another question, does anyone know if adding trailer brake controller is the same process as 2019-2024.

I would think same, with AlphaOBD or Jscan and a OBD scanner and Security bypass.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I think @Jimmy07 said that AlfaOBD/JScan will not work with the 2025's.
You’ll be able to add the physical parts, but for the time being, the dealer is going to be the only one that can program it.
Even when alfaobd is able to connect to the 2025’s, making changes is going to be difficult because the new security gateway is WAY different than the previous ones, and are a nightmare to bypass. I can do it on the bench, but coming up with a user friendly one will be tricky.

azzx

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy
I also emailed Alexey - and he said that he has no info on 2025

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online