5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any problems/issues with the 2019 Rebels?

dodge360

Reaction score
Looking into lightly used 19’ rebels with the V8 but without etorque. Buying used is always a gamble which I understand but wanted to get your guys/gals thoughts specifically on the 19’s Rebels since they are a new body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The rebels don’t have any more or less issues than any of the other 19’ trims. Some have zero issues, some have a few, some seem to have more. You will find plenty of info here searching around about what the potential issues are. You should make a list and quadruple check all of those before purchasing. I have a Rebel. Besides one or two minor things, that were quick fixes, mine has been awesome. Good luck

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My daughter has had several problems with her 2019 Rebel. One of her problems won't affect you for this vehicle, replacement of the 48V battery for the etorque system. She has also had issues with her uconnect display going out, and her back-up camera has been replaced. She's also had to take her truck in for several recalls. I wanted to avoid the first-year growing pains so I waited for the 2020 models to come out. I haven't had any issues with it, but it's only been about 4 months since I bought it. My advice would be to not buy a 2019 model, but there are plenty of 2019 owners who haven't had any problems with theirs. If you decide to buy this, at least get the service history if you can. If not you can at least get a vehicle history from carfax. Any dealer worth working with can provide it to you for no charge. It might not show everything, but it's better than nothing.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Good thing to do is if it did have issues and someone traded it off because they didn’t want to deal with it...tell them to run a service history report. It’ll tell what demons exist if it’s been in for service multiple times.

popcenator

Reaction score
No issues here other than my tailgate rattles more than it should.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
18 month old 2019 rebel with 24,000 miles and have only been to the dealer for oil changes. I do have a couple open recalls though.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just remember that the Rebel does not come with ventilated seats or 360 surround camera view.

If you can live without those then go for it!

Cease11

Reaction score
I have a 19 as well, and just minor dumb issue that maybe others have had. My screen has gone black 2 times. Also had a rattle noise that ended up being my rack and pinion, quick easy fix! Other than that I love this truck. Wife says i pay more attention to my truck...

dodge360

Reaction score
Good thing to do is if it did have issues and someone traded it off because they didn’t want to deal with it...tell them to run a service history report. It’ll tell what demons exist if it’s been in for service multiple times.

Is there anyway I can run this report myself? Rebels I’m looking at are mainly from enterprise rent a car and a few other used car dealers (no dodge dealers)

Most of enterprises cars don’t have oil change history on CarFax reports, which could be problematic for warranty claims if there are engine issues down the road

Last edited:

dodge360

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the V6 19’ Rebel? I drove one and was impressed... had you not told me it was a V6 I would’ve guessed it was a V8 with similar power to my 18’ Silverado 5.3L V8

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Is there anyway I can run this report myself? Rebels I’m looking at are mainly from enterprise rent a car and a few other used car dealers (no dodge dealers)

Most of enterprises cars don’t have oil change history on CarFax reports, which could be problematic for warranty claims if there are engine issues down the road

Take the vin and go to the service department. If you get lucky call service and see if they can run it and email you the history. Just an FYI they can’t withhold the information.

dodge360

Reaction score
Take the vin and go to the service department. If you get lucky call service and see if they can run it and email you the history. Just an FYI they can’t withhold the information.

If the vehicle wasn’t serviced at any dealerships, is the dealership going to have records on when the vehicle was serviced?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes they have power folding mirrors , heated mirrors , heated steering wheel , heated seats , etc etc

dodge360

Reaction score
Yes they have power folding mirrors , heated mirrors , heated steering wheel , heated seats , etc etc

I believe the upper Rebel trim that is typically in crew cab (at least for 19’) has those items. The 19’ quad cabs I’m looking at don’t have heated wheel or seats or trailer brakes or remote start

Users who are viewing this thread