5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Issues/Regrets so far?

Born-2-Win

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been considering to either buy a 1500 Limited, a Rebel, or, dare I say, A Tundra TRD Pro.

I know all trucks have their own issues and what not but with the amount of technology that Ram is putting in their trucks it's making me a bit worrisome. Has anyone had any issues? I in no way mind little issues here and there but I would like to spend the majority of the time using my truck and not have to be contacting Dodge.

Thank you,

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I came from a Subaru Outback and this is by far the biggest daily driver. I got mine in June and have about 1600 miles so far. Not a lot I know, but I don't have any of the issues I have heard about on this forum. I was nervous, and still look out for things, but all is good here.

You'll always hear about the issues. I don't have any, so I don't post about it. I have been very happy with my purchase and look forward to keeping it around for awhile.

Drewster

Reaction score
Yeah, I've put about 8,000 miles on my truck towing ~6,000 lbs with the family from TX to IL, and then with a bunch of buddies to CO, on top of driving daily to work. The other week I noticed a slight squeak coming from the seatbelt area - slightly annoying. My wife drove it and insisted I should take it to the dealer. I got some silicone spray, lubed the joint on the seatbelt pivot, and all is well.

There are plenty of people with issues on the forum.. that was the biggest issue I've had on my Limited e-Torque

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My only regrets with our Laramie is that we didn't get the MFT or 33 gallon fuel tank on this truck. Other than that I'm very happy with it as a daily driver. I have zero regrets with our Limited, as it has both those items.

Honestly you'll be happy with either the Limited or the Rebel. And probably even with the Tundra. There is a lot of technology in any new truck, not just Ram. The only way to avoid that is to buy an older truck that has less tech.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been considering to either buy a 1500 Limited, a Rebel, or, dare I say, A Tundra TRD Pro.

I know all trucks have their own issues and what not but with the amount of technology that Ram is putting in their trucks it's making me a bit worrisome. Has anyone had any issues? I in no way mind little issues here and there but I would like to spend the majority of the time using my truck and not have to be contacting Dodge.

Thank you,
Several existing threads on this topic, but I’d buy my Ram again. Nothing serious in 25 months since delivery.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12,700 miles on my 19 Bighorn, coming up on one year of ownership. Had a few issues - master brake cylinder, tranny body valve, rear window crack and drivers side mirror - all replaced under warranty.. and would abso-F’in-lutely buy it again! Best vehicle and daily driver I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning and a blast to drive every day.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
My only regret is not speccing it out with more gear. I’m totally happy with my truck, though. Wouldn’t drive anything else. :D

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I haven’t had any issues with mine either . I would suggest taking the 3 trucks you mention on a good test drive . The limited will be the quietest and best riding , the Rebel will be a little noisier due to the Duratracs and the Tundra I have no experience with .

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No regrets with mine. The most common issues you’ll see on here are with the e-torque and 12” Uconnect. If you’re looking to avoid issues maybe skip those options. Of course there are a ton of people who have never had problems with those.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No regrets with mine. The most common issues you’ll see on here are with the e-torque and 12” Uconnect. If you’re looking to avoid issues maybe skip those options. Of course there are a ton of people who have never had problems with those.
There’ve been just a few eTorque issues...very few relative to our 40K members. Agree on the UConnect (both 8.4 and 12) issues, along with reported leaks (rear window, sunroof), a few bumpy 2-1 downshifts and body/suspension creaks, and RamBox lid fitment.

Nikdfish

Reaction score
I've had our 2020 Laramie Longhorn for a couple of months now. No complaints/regrets. Had a chance to do some towing with our 7K 10' dump trailer ( light loads of brush & trash, maybe 3K total) for about 80 miles total & Aluma 7K 18' car hauler (carrying JD 1025R with backhoe, bucket & forks, maybe 5K total) for about 120 total miles and everything went smoothly. No problems adjusting the factory trailer brake controller. Very comfortable ride. The wife's Highlander is getting less use as the Ram is our default vehicle for most trips.

jth877

Reaction score
I love the truck. Not so much the dealership. Since I leased and most like plan to buy i did woolwax and fluid film the whole thing because I live in rust country. I did not get etorque or the 12". The 8.4 is very nice

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my 2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star. Granted, I’ve only had it for a month but I come from a long line of Ram ownership and this one is the best yet. I’ve had everything from Tradesman to Limiteds, from gas to Ecodiesel and Cummins - this truck I now have is the best thus far.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
36,000 miles over almost 2 years. My truck relaxes me every time I climb in after working all day. With the exception of having a USB issue, which was resolved upon taking delivery, it’s never been in for warranty work. Any recalls have been handled by the dealer at my regular service intervals. I have no plans to get rid of this truck within the next few years.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had two Limiteds, a '19 and a'20. Both with eTorque never had a single issue with either of them.

Cortlandt Ram

Reaction score
Love my Big Horn, get the Level 2 Group options and be sure to put in the Bed Rug, Cover, Bed Step, and Weather Visors....and change the bulbs to LED!

Runagun

Reaction score
2019 ram owned it for almost 2 years. 25k miles. Love every mile so far. Had a few recalls done but nothing major. One peace of advice. Get the air suspension. The ride is incredible with it. And ull use it getting in and out the truck. Gas mileage could be better. Other then that u won't find a better truck out there.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I regret the base 6 speaker stereo. It has some kind of overload protection and the volume fades out past 22-24. But now I have an excuse to build a sound system. At any rate it's a great truck and a blast to drive

Renegade3

Reaction score
4K miles and no issues. Only thing I'd change would be adding the LED lighting (front and rear) but I'll probably do that soon anyway....

Born-2-Win

Reaction score
I love the truck. Not so much the dealership. Since I leased and most like plan to buy i did woolwax and fluid film the whole thing because I live in rust country. I did not get etorque or the 12". The 8.4 is very nice
I'd also like to lease for 3 years just to be sure it's the truck I want and then just change to buying after the lease is up. I think I'll end up going with the Rebel maybe a more fully-loaded one but I'll test drive them like another comment above suggested. The 8.4 is probably what I'll go with, the 12" is literally an Ipad and I don't need all that :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread