5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any issue mounting an ARB inside my Rambox?

aprez

Reaction score
With all this talk of Ramboxes warping, I'm now concerned with mounting a dual ARB in mine. Already ordered THIS backing plate for the compressor. Are there better options for mounting locations?

Thank you.

rick619

Reaction score
With all this talk of Ramboxes warping, I'm now concerned with mounting a dual ARB in mine. Already ordered THIS backing plate for the compressor. Are there better options for mounting locations?

Thank you.

Not much input on the Ram, but used to have the dual ARB in a previous Jeep. They do vibrate quite a bit, so don't think I would want it in the Ram box if they tend to warp.

Some would mount them under the hood using a dual battery tray. Others fabbed up brackets to mount under the hood somewhere. I had mine mounted under the passenger seat which could be an option. You only want it inside the cab if it's only going to be used to air up the tires. Don't do that if you're connecting a locker to it, it will give you a migraine by the end of the day. Regardless, I still wouldn't connect a locker to it. You don't want added wear and tear all day when you can run a tiny compressor for lockers. I do have the smallest compressor ARB makes running my F/R lockers.

Also just depends on how much you use it and what size tires. If not using it all the time, might want to consider a less expensive single compressor. It will cost less and take up less space. I started with a Viair 400H under the hood. Keep it there as a spare. It worked fine for 35's, a little slow for 37's.

I'm running 37 X 17 on my Jeep now with lots of under armor. I have a Puma 3/4 HP compressor under the Jeep, above a skid plate. So at least that keeps it out of the engine bay (which I didn't want) and out of the cab. Air valve on the rear bumper.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thank you.

Mounting it or not mounting it inside the rambox isn’t going to hurt or help the warping. In all honestly the warping is blown way out of portion its aesthetics some are worse then others but you can adjust the rambox lids a bit. I bet if you focus your attention on other body lines they also might not line up its just the nature of the beast on a factory built vehicle.

But I would mount underhood so you can save the space within the rambox if or when needed.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ramboxes don't warp.
The cosmetic cover on the top can warp, which is not the part that actually closes and latches.

aprez

Reaction score
Not much input on the Ram, but used to have the dual ARB in a previous Jeep. They do vibrate quite a bit, so don't think I would want it in the Ram box if they tend to warp.

Some would mount them under the hood using a dual battery tray. Others fabbed up brackets to mount under the hood somewhere. I had mine mounted under the passenger seat which could be an option. You only want it inside the cab if it's only going to be used to air up the tires. Don't do that if you're connecting a locker to it, it will give you a migraine by the end of the day. Regardless, I still wouldn't connect a locker to it. You don't want added wear and tear all day when you can run a tiny compressor for lockers. I do have the smallest compressor ARB makes running my F/R lockers.

Also just depends on how much you use it and what size tires. If not using it all the time, might want to consider a less expensive single compressor. It will cost less and take up less space. I started with a Viair 400H under the hood. Keep it there as a spare. It worked fine for 35's, a little slow for 37's.

I'm running 37 X 17 on my Jeep now with lots of under armor. I have a Puma 3/4 HP compressor under the Jeep, above a skid plate. So at least that keeps it out of the engine bay (which I didn't want) and out of the cab. Air valve on the rear bumper.

Traded this for my Ram. I mounted a dual ARB behind the rear seat, wasn't much of a bother since I was outside airing up the tires. I'm already committed to mounting inside the Rambox, ordered everything yesterday. I tow a camper now so it's nice to have it in the rear of the truck just in case. We camp on the beach sometimes too and have to air down the camper as well as the truck.

JT.jpg

rick619

Reaction score
Traded this for my Ram. I mounted a dual ARB behind the rear seat, wasn't much of a bother since I was outside airing up the tires. I'm already committed to mounting inside the Rambox, ordered everything yesterday. I tow a camper now so it's nice to have it in the rear of the truck just in case. We camp on the beach sometimes too and have to air down the camper as well as the truck.

View attachment 180808

Thought about buying a Gladiator. Some good deals on those right now because dealers have too many. Figured a Ram gets better gas mileage with a V8, rides better, and can tow my Jeep on a trailer.

Even if you never go offroad, having an air compressor can come in handy for flat tires and such. I've used it to inflate my wife's car a number of times.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thought about buying a Gladiator. Some good deals on those right now because dealers have too many. Figured a Ram gets better gas mileage with a V8, rides better, and can tow my Jeep on a trailer.

Even if you never go offroad, having an air compressor can come in handy for flat tires and such. I've used it to inflate my wife's car a number of times.

Me too. But when standing on the lot with both rigs next to each other, I thought to myself, what on earth are you doing!

Users who are viewing this thread