5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any info on adding remote start?

jamesfg

Reaction score
I think you didn't read the above post right. My truck doesn't have uconnect access or navi, nor can it have it without a completely different headunit.

I'm in the same boat. I made sure this truck didn't have navi due to the stupid weather alerts popping up all the time on my previous FCA vehicles. I'm definitely going to go with the compustart but it won't be until the end of this year or early next year.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I made sure this truck didn't have navi due to the stupid weather alerts popping up all the time on my previous FCA vehicles. I'm definitely going to go with the compustart but it won't be until the end of this year or early next year.

Thanks for the info

Chris

Reaction score
Compustar systems let you use Drone Mobile app. Had it on my last dodge. Start using your phone app anywhere in the world with a phone signal. Have an appointment to get it installed on my 19 Rebel. Excellent system
How much to get the system installed, and how much for the monthly fees? Curious on how it works on the '19 RAMs, as even those with the Nav package cost something like $300 a year after the 1 year trial for remote phone starting.

Akpilot

Reaction score
Here it’s $400. They have to install a compustar system. The Drone app is $55 a year for basic starting and monitoring or $110 show your location via gps and let’s you remotely turn off vehicle if it’s stolen. Basically the same features as the gps monitoring package they try and sell you for the vehicle. It a Way cheaper option

Doxmia

Reaction score
Here it’s $400. They have to install a compustar system. The Drone app is $55 a year for basic starting and monitoring or $110 show your location via gps and let’s you remotely turn off vehicle if it’s stolen. Basically the same features as the gps monitoring package they try and sell you for the vehicle. It a Way cheaper option

Did you get this installed? Compustar is not showing it as compatible on their website. Do your heated/cooled seats work with it?

SPYvSPY

Reaction score
Okay I wanted to give an update so that this thread doesn't stay open ended. After speaking with Mopar/ Chrysler car, if you have the Uconnect 4 with the 8.4" that did not come with navigation (which is what my truck has) then you are out of luck. This radio IS NOT UPGRADABLE/ COMPATIBLE with uconnect access or the Chrysler navigation. As of now, if you want these features you HAVE TO BUY IT FACTORY INSTALLED on the truck when you buy it from the dealer. Hopefully someone in the near future will have an add on module.

Same thing I heard yesterday and it PISSES me off. My sales guy talked up uConnect all to hell and how the tech on the RAM was so much better than my F-150's Synch 3 but I am, frankly, NOT IMPRESSED! Even my 2016 F-150 could update my mileage online, update the stereo firmware OTA, etc... So what does my "uConnect" connect? Not f******g thing! I would have given up the hemi for the tech (yeah, I'm that guy) if they would have told me. This has really spoiled my love affair with my truck. Frankly, it's so embarrassing I'll have to lie to my friends to hide my shame! (only partly kidding)

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
So I just purchased my 2019 Laramie 1500 less than a week ago and am really unhappy with the distance on the factory remote start from the key fob. Does anyone know if you can add remote start that works from your phone? Thanks in advance!

UPDATED:

Okay I wanted to give an update so that this thread doesn't stay open ended. After speaking with Mopar/ Chrysler car, if you have the Uconnect 4 with the 8.4" that did not come with navigation (which is what my truck has) then you are out of luck. This radio IS NOT UPGRADABLE/ COMPATIBLE with uconnect access or the Chrysler navigation. As of now, if you want these features you HAVE TO BUY IT FACTORY INSTALLED on the truck when you buy it from the dealer. Hopefully someone in the near future will have an add on module.
Resurrecting this. Anybody have any info or updates on this?! 2020’s are the same still, I understand it’s not the end of the world, but Ford/GM both offer these options for free.

Vince Shanahan

Reaction score
Hello
i have a 2020 Laramie and I downloaded the Sirius Guardian app uconect app and i can start the car unlock it and even track it.
There is a slight lag when i remote start it but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread