5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any info on adding remote start?

Livinfast85

Reaction score
So I just purchased my 2019 Laramie 1500 less than a week ago and am really unhappy with the distance on the factory remote start from the key fob. Does anyone know if you can add remote start that works from your phone? Thanks in advance!

UPDATED:

Okay I wanted to give an update so that this thread doesn't stay open ended. After speaking with Mopar/ Chrysler car, if you have the Uconnect 4 with the 8.4" that did not come with navigation (which is what my truck has) then you are out of luck. This radio IS NOT UPGRADABLE/ COMPATIBLE with uconnect access or the Chrysler navigation. As of now, if you want these features you HAVE TO BUY IT FACTORY INSTALLED on the truck when you buy it from the dealer. Hopefully someone in the near future will have an add on module.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I just purchased my 2019 Laramie 1500 less than a week ago and am really unhappy with the distance on the factory remote start from the key fob. Does anyone know if you can add remote start that works from your phone? Thanks in advance!
That's exactly what the UConnect (Sirius XM Guardian) app does.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
That's exactly what the UConnect (Sirius XM Guardian) app does.

Correct, but I didn't want to pay extra for the uconnect with navigation because I use the android auto. But if I would have known that included mobile remote start I probably would have. I'm wanting to know if there is any way to add it without the navigation head unit?

Livinfast85

Reaction score

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Unconnect app should be free for the 1st year unlike GM’s app version that is free for 5 years on a new vehicle purchase

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but this is the kit already installed on my truck. I want to know if Mopar or a third party vendor has an add on to make it work from your cell phone. Example: A previous truck I had, I had a viper alarm installed. Later I added a module that allowed remote start from my cell.

My bad. I totally misread your question.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Okay I wanted to give an update so that this thread doesn't stay open ended. After speaking with Mopar/ Chrysler car, if you have the Uconnect 4 with the 8.4" that did not come with navigation (which is what my truck has) then you are out of luck. This radio IS NOT UPGRADABLE/ COMPATIBLE with uconnect access or the Chrysler navigation. As of now, if you want these features you HAVE TO BUY IT FACTORY INSTALLED on the truck when you buy it from the dealer. Hopefully someone in the near future will have an add on module.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Don't know if it makes you feel any better, but the uconnect app has **** poor ratings. I had wanted to upgrade too until I saw that.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I don't know about the guardian app, but the navigation is available to "unlock" acording to this: https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/sku/E00000776209/en_US/ChryslerNA/USD

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
You can get a factory remote start, but it just works from the FOB not the phone. They are backordered all to hell right now though.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Don't know if it makes you feel any better, but the uconnect app has **** poor ratings. I had wanted to upgrade too until I saw that.
It works fine though. Sometimes it can take 30 sec to a minute to remote start, but overall it's a decent app that does what it says. No complaints.

Livinfast85

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
But are they remote start from you cell phone?
Yes, you can unlock, lock, start, stop, and activate horn & lights.
You have the location app, where you can not just locate your truck, but also send addresses from there to your UConnect for navigation. Works great.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Yes, you can unlock, lock, start, stop, and activate horn & lights.
You have the location app, where you can not just locate your truck, but also send addresses from there to your UConnect for navigation. Works great.

I think you didn't read the above post right. My truck doesn't have uconnect access or navi, nor can it have it without a completely different headunit.

Users who are viewing this thread