5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any granites with black fender flares?

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Thinking about adding matte black (oem like) fender flares to my granite color crew. Anyone maybe have this combo and have a picture? I'm then thinking of adding matching matte black oem running boards And think that the combo of black running along the bottom would look nice and contrast nice with the chrome my truck has.

I have granite metallic with the black out package, i was thinking of doing black bushwacker fender flares but after seeing how well they look painted i order color matched bushwacker fender flares.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Psst I’m having some serious taillight envy… tinted or..? I needs! Lol
Haha thanks, I like them a lot! They are smoke-painted from a vendor on eBay, smokedouttaillights.com

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Psst I’m having some serious taillight envy… tinted or..? I needs! Lol
Those taillights won't work on your truck. They only have them for the non-LED taillights on the Big Horn. I agree that they look great, but $400 is a bit steep. I think I'll stick with the taillight tint.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Those taillights won't work on your truck. They only have them for the non-LED taillights on the Big Horn. I agree that they look great, but $400 is a bit steep. I think I'll stick with the taillight tint.
I noticed that, I’m gonna go for tinting I liked the shade think it looks good just wasn’t sure how it was accomplished or if he just bought them that way.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I noticed that, I’m gonna go for tinting I liked the shade think it looks good just wasn’t sure how it was accomplished or if he just bought them that way.
I like that look too, but I'm too chicken to get mine painted. I like the tint because it's reversible. If I don't like it I can just peel it off.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I like that look too, but I'm too chicken to get mine painted. I like the tint because it's reversible. If I don't like it I can just peel it off.
Painting the taillights doesn’t worry me… if I hate it they aren’t bad to replace… but my truck going in for that ppf is giving me anxiety bwhaha

HemiDude

Reaction score
At the time I bought mine, they were offered for both Halogen and LED styles. If they didn't have one of the styles available, you could send yours in and they would paint them and return them. Obviously you would be without taillights for a while so in most cases it wouldn't make sense.

As far as cost, they did give me a rebate for sending them my old lights in exchange, I believe it was $100.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
At the time I bought mine, they were offered for both Halogen and LED styles. If they didn't have one of the styles available, you could send yours in and they would paint them and return them. Obviously you would be without taillights for a while so in most cases it wouldn't make sense.

As far as cost, they did give me a rebate for sending them my old lights in exchange, I believe it was $100.
I figured they might offer that service. I just checked the price on a new set of OEM tail lamps on the My Mopar app...$810 for both. $100 wouldn't be enough to compel me to send my taillights in for a rebate. I'm sure you could find non-OEM taillights cheaper but the ones I've seen have been junk. I'm more convinced than ever that I won't go that route even though I really like how it looks.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I figured they might offer that service. I just checked the price on a new set of OEM tail lamps on the My Mopar app...$810 for both. $100 wouldn't be enough to compel me to send my taillights in for a rebate. I'm sure you could find non-OEM taillights cheaper but the ones I've seen have been junk. I'm more convinced than ever that I won't go that route even though I really like how it looks.
I agree on the aftermarket lenses... I couldn't find any that didn't look cheesey at that time, though I'm sure in the year since that someone must be manufacturing something. The price benefit for me also was that I only had the base halogen lenses, so I didn't have to look for anything already LED or with sensors.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
N
I agree on the aftermarket lenses... I couldn't find any that didn't look cheesey at that time, though I'm sure in the year since that someone must be manufacturing something. The price benefit for me also was that I only had the base halogen lenses, so I didn't have to look for anything already LED or with sensors.
They’re still making the aftermarket ones with super cheesey and lack luster designs lol unless your willing to break the bank that’s why I got so excited when I saw yours lol love how it looks

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Painting the taillights doesn’t worry me… if I hate it they aren’t bad to replace… but my truck going in for that ppf is giving me anxiety bwhaha
Be Glad you don't live in Massachusetts, they are strict with vehicle inspections.

blankcanvas

Reaction score
Be Glad you don't live in Massachusetts, they are strict with vehicle inspections.
Just moved back to Colorado… looked into the laws regarding firearms didn’t consider looking into tinting my truck 😬
….ignorance is bliss? 🤷‍♀️

HemiDude

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish Ohio was more strict on inspections... there are some outright unsafe vehicles on our roads. I'm not looking for more rules or laws, but it would be great if someone could enforce common sense! 😀

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Do they inspect your truck every time you renew your registration?
Every time you do a new inspection sticker they check everything, tire width, tire height , vehicle height, we can't even mess with the exhaust system because we would get fined. and this is done every year.
a level kit is the most i can do, i think my max height is a 4" lift

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Every time you do a new inspection sticker they check everything, tire width, tire height , vehicle height, we can't even mess with the exhaust system because we would get fined. and this is done every year.
a level kit is the most i can do, i think my max height is a 4" lift
That's ridiculous. Sounds like Nazi Germany, not a state in the US.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. Sounds like Nazi Germany, not a state in the US.

We call it Taxachusetts, Tax the hell out of you and make you feel inferior . Hell if you have rust on your vehicle you have to have it repaired or you fail your inspection.,
But if you live in the Neighboring state of Connecticut, you could have your door practically ripped off its hinges and dangling in the air and you can drive down the road just fine.. But not here.

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
We call it Taxachusetts, Tax the hell out of you and make you feel inferior . Hell if you have rust on your vehicle you have to have it repaired or you fail your inspection.,
But if you live in the Neighboring state of Connecticut, you could have your door practically ripped off its hinges and dangling in the air and you can drive down the road just fine.. But not here.
That's exactly why I escaped from Illinois. Spent my entire life waiting for it to get better. Finally I was like "what the hell am I doing here?"

Loaded up the family and headed west.

Best decision I've made in my adult life. Should have done it 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread