5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any fix for blacked out screen?

NewRAMGuy

Reaction score
Well after months of my screen flickering and going black I finally called FCA and started a case to hopefully get it fixed. Please tell me has anyone else with this problem had it fixed and what did they do to fix it and did they ever tell you what the problem was in the first place. I tried a soft restart, twice, as FCA suggested and it did nothing to help.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well after months of my screen flickering and going black I finally called FCA and started a case to hopefully get it fixed. Please tell me has anyone else with this problem had it fixed and what did they do to fix it and did they ever tell you what the problem was in the first place. I tried a soft restart, twice, as FCA suggested and it did nothing to help.

You probably need a replacement but if it was me, I'd try removing the screen and checking every plug behind it. Your flickering could have been caused by a loose connector that finally worked itself free. Here's a walk through IF you think you are up to it. Otherwise, it's off to drink bad service waiting room coffee.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-remove-12-screen-fixed-brake-controller.4715/

Users who are viewing this thread