5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any back windows that DON'T leak?

Dadeoo

Reaction score
2021 ecodiesel. Only 6,000 miles, no leak though. No issues at all and we've been towing every day since we had 1000 miles on the odometer.

doolin64

Reaction score
2021 - 4400 miles no issues with the window. Just issues with oil leaks and cabin whistles (but they're been fixed by the dealer).

Kibbe

Reaction score
2021 Laramie - 1500 miles. no window leaks.....didn't know this was an issue, now I'm nervous :oops:

DSN46

Reaction score
2021 Laramie - 1500 miles. no window leaks.....didn't know this was an issue, now I'm nervous :oops:
I'm nervous also. After spending time on discussion boards, one would think that every RAM truck being built after 2018 was leaking or going to leak someday through that back window. I'm just trying to discover "how much" I should be nervous about it by asking this question and I am feeling a little better after seeing the comments so far. Thanks for contributing!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Laramie, 4600 miles, I have not Noticed any, but then I am not in the back seat much either.

So far everything has been spectacular. I blame the 27.4 MPG instead of 29 MPG on the Winter
Diesel blend and a tight Engine. Then again, 750 mile range with the 33 Gal tank is nothing to
complain about either. Wait until I get the 72 Gallon AUX Fuel Tank installed!

Malodave

DSN46

Reaction score
2021 Laramie, 4600 miles, I have not Noticed any, but then I am not in the back seat much either.

So far everything has been spectacular. I blame the 27.4 MPG instead of 29 MPG on the Winter
Diesel blend and a tight Engine. Then again, 750 mile range with the 33 Gal tank is nothing to
complain about either. Wait until I get the 72 Gallon AUX Fuel Tank installed!

Malodave
Start a thread and let us know "how" the aux tank and fuel lines get installed please! I think there are a few of us with 26 gallon tanks that would like to know. :)

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start a thread and let us know "how" the aux tank and fuel lines get installed please! I think there are a few of us with 26 gallon tanks that would like to know. :)
I need to finish the filler neck mount ring for the Aux Tank. Then it goes to my Friend to
Weld it up. I purchased a second stock Filler Neck to have some steel weld in bungs
installed so that I can just swap out the filler necks. Diesel Fuel Pump can transfer at
12L/minute.

The tank is 60" Wide x 20" Tall x 14 " deep. This will only fit the 6'-4" bed. If you have the
5-7 bed you are limited to 4.5" deep, or you will have to make allowances for the Wheel
Wells. All in, I will be at about $1K. Could have been $200 less if I did not get the extra
Filler Neck. 105 Gallons at 29MPG = 3045 Miles. If the new GDE tune gets me a couple
of MPG gain too it will be great.

Malodave

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need to finish the filler neck mount ring for the Aux Tank. Then it goes to my Friend to
Weld it up. I purchased a second stock Filler Neck to have some steel weld in bungs
installed so that I can just swap out the filler necks. Diesel Fuel Pump can transfer at
12L/minute.

The tank is 60" Wide x 20" Tall x 14 " deep. This will only fit the 6'-4" bed. If you have the
5-7 bed you are limited to 4.5" deep, or you will have to make allowances for the Wheel
Wells. All in, I will be at about $1K. Could have been $200 less if I did not get the extra
Filler Neck. 105 Gallons at 29MPG = 3045 Miles. If the new GDE tune gets me a couple
of MPG gain too it will be great.

Malodave
I remember those days...when my bladder (and the old lady's) could go almost that far! ;) Must be nice to still be young!

Jeeper

Reaction score
2020 Limited, June 27/28 build date (midnight). 4300 miles, no leaks. Replaced the 3rd brake light's foam with some real weather-stripping, just to head that one off at the pass (did it with my 4th gen as well prior to this, before it even thought about leaking).

That all being said, I've located the spot where many report a crack in the rear window's surround, and when I put direct light on it, I can see a sharp crease in the plastic. I am guessing I will eventually have the leak there. Crossing my fingers it stays just a crease!
any pics etc of what you did to be proactive against this leak?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Amazing93

Reaction score
Hi I'm a 2019 Laramie with 12k miles and I have been leak free since June of 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/