5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any back windows that DON'T leak?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Limited, June 27/28 build date (midnight). 4300 miles, no leaks. Replaced the 3rd brake light's foam with some real weather-stripping, just to head that one off at the pass (did it with my 4th gen as well prior to this, before it even thought about leaking).

That all being said, I've located the spot where many report a crack in the rear window's surround, and when I put direct light on it, I can see a sharp crease in the plastic. I am guessing I will eventually have the leak there. Crossing my fingers it stays just a crease!

Keezer

Reaction score
2020 Limited, June 27/28 build date (midnight). 4300 miles, no leaks. Replaced the 3rd brake light's foam with some real weather-stripping, just to head that one off at the pass (did it with my 4th gen as well prior to this, before it even thought about leaking).

That all being said, I've located the spot where many report a crack in the rear window's surround, and when I put direct light on it, I can see a sharp crease in the plastic. I am guessing I will eventually have the leak there. Crossing my fingers it stays just a crease!
According to the TSB you should be fine, same here with the line or crease, no crack yet.
No leaks so far, 2020, build date 1.30.20

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Early 2018 build that never leaked, but between that concern and the Uconnect 4 being the redhead stepchild, I grew concerned and decided it was the right time to sell. Overall nothing failed, ever, unless you count the multiple times I inspected everything assuming failure was around the corner. Good truck though.

Edit: Battery failed, replaced under warranty, as was the windshield that cracked without cause. Consider both a non issue and both taken care of. Right mirror gear failed, also handled easily.

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to remember that this forum is a big echo chamber. Yeah, the leaking IS an issue, just like dead batteries, and the other "common" problems. But we are a small subset of all the Rams on the road. Most people that come to a forum are looking for answers to a problem, so you're going to get more complaints than a normal sample of the population.

Add my 2020 Rebel with 17k miles with no leaks that I've noticed/found. It's currently pouring outside so I might as well go look at the headliner.

Sportznut

Reaction score
2019 Laramie w/28k miles.

Probably been through 20 high pressure car washes. It rains a lot here in the Portland Oregon area. My truck sits outside 24/7.

No leaks ...knocking on wood.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DSN46

Reaction score
You have to remember that this forum is a big echo chamber. Yeah, the leaking IS an issue, just like dead batteries, and the other "common" problems. But we are a small subset of all the Rams on the road. Most people that come to a forum are looking for answers to a problem, so you're going to get more complaints than a normal sample of the population.

Add my 2020 Rebel with 17k miles with no leaks that I've noticed/found. It's currently pouring outside so I might as well go look at the headliner.
Understood. I just wanted to to get an idea on the number of those who don't have a leaking truck on this forum. Most people wouldn't create a thread titled "Hey my truck doesn't leak".... so I thought most would respond to a thread asking them about it. I can handle just about every problem with a new model vehicle, water intrusion is absolutely not one of them. It gives me hope to hear from those who don't have a problem with it and maybe gives hope to others too. I'm very glad that your 2020 Rebel (same as mine) isn't leaking! Thank you for posting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread