5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti Theft for 2022' 1500 Limited

Ramjammer

Reaction score
My truck was recently broken into at a hotel in Miami at 4:00 am. They busted the rear driver side window. They pulled the carpet away from the front passenger side and left some wires exposed. The front desk clerk said he heard the alarm, came out, and they fled in a vehicle, leaving their OBD cable in the truck. No other damage or anything missing, except the $300 window replacement. I am looking for idea for theft protection when traveling. I bought the faraday box, and pouches. Next I am getting the club for the steering wheel. I have looked into the Ravelco anti theft device ravelco.com, but they haven't mastered the install on the semi 5.7 with etorque.

I am, just reaching out to see if anyone has any other ideas, thanks

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
install a dummy OBD, pull the fuel pump relay, aftermarket alarm off the top. Ravelco works great but you lose remote start. Compustar Drone and Viper Smartstart

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was recently broken into at a hotel in Miami at 4:00 am. They busted the rear driver side window. They pulled the carpet away from the front passenger side and left some wires exposed. The front desk clerk said he heard the alarm, came out, and they fled in a vehicle, leaving their OBD cable in the truck. No other damage or anything missing, except the $300 window replacement. I am looking for idea for theft protection when traveling. I bought the faraday box, and pouches. Next I am getting the club for the steering wheel. I have looked into the Ravelco anti theft device ravelco.com, but they haven't mastered the install on the semi 5.7 with etorque.

I am, just reaching out to see if anyone has any other ideas, thanks
For what it’s worth, IMHO you have two options:

1). Trade your Limited for a Tradesman or a Big Horn. I’ve literally seen it on my camera where thieves will walk past my truck and over to a Limited or Longhorn to break a window for a set of cowboy boots and other crap of value they found inside.

2). Stick a big blue oval on the front and back of your Limited. No self-respective thief would lower themselves to steal a Ford! 😉. Your friends will give you hell but you won’t have to worry about it getting jacked!

Ramjammer

Reaction score
install a dummy OBD, pull the fuel pump relay, aftermarket alarm off the top. Ravelco works great but you lose remote start. Compustar Drone and Viper Smartstart
Thanks for the info. I think losing remote start while traveling would be ok, if they could install the Ravelco. I will check into some other options you mentioned. I bought about pulling the fuel pump relay, but not sure if that would send a check engine code that would need to be wiped.

Ramjammer

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, IMHO you have two options:

1). Trade your Limited for a Tradesman or a Big Horn. I’ve literally seen it on my camera where thieves will walk past my truck and over to a Limited or Longhorn to break a window for a set of cowboy boots and other crap of value they found inside.

2). Stick a big blue oval on the front and back of your Limited. No self-respective thief would lower themselves to steal a Ford! 😉. Your friends will give you hell but you won’t have to worry about it getting jacked!
Ha! I thought about trading down, but I am not quote there yet.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
According to all the dealers, that is why they are placing the $4-5000 Dealer Add-on Packages to all new trucks....you know the Lojak/GPS, Window Etching, etc........ :rolleyes:

Sorry if the sarcasm was lost in translation......

truckless

Reaction score

You know, those smart alarms...wouldn't it be cool if you could record a sound on your phone and remotely send out "I AM A STOLEN CAR" or "I HAVE A DEAD BODY IN THE BACK" that played out a big bullhorn under the hood to draw attention. Or remotely trigger the alarm and start some strobe sequence on some external lights that could mimick an emergency vehicle.....thus also drawing attention in particular the attention the thief doesn't want and that would certainly be acted upon..

Why couldn't I be smarter like Mark Rober :p

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know, those smart alarms...wouldn't it be cool if you could record a sound on your phone and remotely send out "I AM A STOLEN CAR" or "I HAVE A DEAD BODY IN THE BACK" that played out a big bullhorn under the hood to draw attention. Or remotely trigger the alarm and start some strobe sequence on some external lights that could mimick an emergency vehicle.....thus also drawing attention in particular the attention the thief doesn't want and that would certainly be acted upon..

I bet he would create something. I saw a story about a car alarm that would lock the doors and set off a 120db siren inside the car.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bet he would create something. I saw a story about a car alarm that would lock the doors and set off a 120db siren inside the car.
That would be such a cool video to see in action as the perpetrator is clawing at the windows to get out…bet it would go viral overnight but then we’d see the thugs wearing ear plugs when they go to break into a vehicle. Then again, yellow earplugs on someone walking down the street would be a dead giveaway for the activity they’re about to conduct.

truckless

Reaction score
That would be such a cool video to see in action as the perpetrator is clawing at the windows to get out…bet it would go viral overnight but then we’d see the thugs wearing ear plugs when they go to break into a vehicle. Then again, yellow earplugs on someone walking down the street would be a dead giveaway for the activity they’re about to conduct.
....With some sort of gas to render them unconscious until the can be arrested or you catch up to kick the everliving **** outta them.

And yes....when it come to my stuff and those I love... I am vengeful

UnclJim

Reaction score

There was one years ago that would say "I'm being tampered with" I think It was Viper alarms

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just trade in for this guy

View attachment 120847
is that a triumph bonneville bobber in the background? my wife used to rock that bike before she got pregnant. solid bike! i loved riding it, it was a wonderful change from the ducati. she still has a grom for toying around the neighborhood, with me on my grom as well hahah already looking at pit bikes for the daughter.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what were they trying to get at?

You said they were messing with the wiring and OBD2 Cable, is there some sort of easy defeat on the 5th gen that they can quickly steal the vehicle?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what were they trying to get at?

You said they were messing with the wiring and OBD2 Cable, is there some sort of easy defeat on the 5th gen that they can quickly steal the vehicle?
Yep, there are ways to bypass features to program a new key to steal the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread