5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti Theft Code. HELP !!!

Chillz

Reaction score
I took the battery negative terminal off the change my headlight and now I am being asked for a anti theft code..

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
never unplug mine yet but i know alot peps here already done that but never hear anybody saying anything about required anti theft code after. I would suggest you contact your dealer for that code.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Did you get that issue fixed ?

Mine did that once when I went out to start it up. Called the dealership and they had to have it put on a rollback and took to the dealership. Come to find out the pcm lost all of its programming and had to be reprogrammed. The dealership ordered me a new pcm to replace it with. Drove the truck until it came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

froy119

Reaction score
Mine did that once when I went out to start it up. Called the dealership and they had to have it put on a rollback and took to the dealership. Come to find out the pcm lost all of its programming and had to be reprogrammed. The dealership ordered me a new pcm to replace it with. Drove the truck until it came in.

Mine won’t even turn on. I disconnected negative terminal and now it won’t crank and anti theft code is on.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will probably to have to get it into the dealer. Try pressing the start button with your key fob and see if it’ll start, I was told this is how you can start the truck if your fob battery dies.

lmattus

Reaction score
Check the fuses boxes in the hood , i belive its a 10 amp fuse 35 have to be inserted

whetrick1

Reaction score
Mine won’t even turn on. I disconnected negative terminal and now it won’t crank and anti theft code is on.

That's what mine did, it kept asking for security code. I called the dealership and they told me to have it towed in. They reprogramed the pcm and everything was back to normal. Then he told me he would order me a new pcm because he didn't like the idea of the customer riding around on a pcm that might screw up again. I told him I would drive my truck until the new one came in. I don't like driving loaners.

Kur8ness

Reaction score
If you cycle the run acc push start a couple times it will go away

Users who are viewing this thread