5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti spin Differential

CORCON

Reaction score
@Rambro23
I have offers on 3 different '19 Laramie's that accepted my offer. The best deal and most loaded one does not have the anti-spin...Did you wind up doing the upgrade? Cost? Hours? Part? Warranty? Looking at roping it into the deal...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also depends on whose the primary driver. In my case she is (her Ltd) so I went 4x and anti-spin (LSD) so she didnt have to think about anything other than keeping the dirty side down. And since elock drops off at 20-25 (as discussed) it‘s of little help on 35+ mph roads anyway.

ldoh

Reaction score
Of course E lockers aren't intended for 35+mph. Think slow, slippery, hilly, rocky off-road scenarios. I don't think I would want the back wheels locked together at anything other than slow speeds.

ldoh

Reaction score
@Rambro23
I have offers on 3 different '19 Laramie's that accepted my offer. The best deal and most loaded one does not have the anti-spin...Did you wind up doing the upgrade? Cost? Hours? Part? Warranty? Looking at roping it into the deal...

There's some youtube videos of LSD upgrades and it's a bit more involved than I assumed. Hopefully you can find a reasonable shop.

CORCON

Reaction score
There's some youtube videos of LSD upgrades and it's a bit more involved than I assumed. Hopefully you can find a reasonable shop.
I'll check them out now. Thank you. I was curious as to how the initial post worked out adding this feature to his Limited and maintaining warranty. Debating on having the dealer quote the job to add it into the sale.

Bobby Boca

Reaction score
My build sheet doesn’t show I have an anti slip.

I did order one from moes performance and it arrived today. Every truck I have ever had has had it.

However here is the result of traction control turned off without a LSD when I was in reverse just to “see” what it would do.
1a2cbdfa70bfaf4bfe99626b84e67656.jpg

And here was in my yard since landscaping is getting done tomorrow. Traction control off going forward.
8d87c0187bd40143c035ae4db208023c.jpg

Odd

Here is my build sheet

205e64e909a2800d7024b69f3156a99f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For Dirt Drifting, the LSD works better, with some specialized tires like a dirt rally car uses. You will need to go slower then a rally car is capable of, since the pickup is much heavier and that weight has a much higher center of gravity.

For Street Drifting, you just want tires without traction for this truck, so old bald tires or flat tires are best. Keep in mind you will roll the truck and crash the truck many times, as they are not designed for drifting like a car, but it's your money so spend it however you like.

Anywhere that is good for drifting, you will get circled and smoked all day long by cars, so you may not like having the other drivers laughing at you every time you go out, but to each their own.
My 21, 2500 Cummins didn’t have it when I bought but I’m looking to install after market anti slip differential my question is can it be done the service Dept at dodge said it can’t but I think that bull —— .

Bobby Boca

Reaction score
Pushed once

I ordered a limited slip and I’ll be putting it in soon.

Thanks for educating me on get getting the right truck. Damn if I thought I had a sub 10 second truck that could also go up Everest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby Boca

Reaction score
Did you ever install them limited slip ? What was the cost and can you feel the difference?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Never got around to it. I have it sitting in my garage haha.
I ended up getting a bigger camper and needed an HD.

If you guys want it shoot me an offer. Never opened the box.

You’ll need a front to match the rear unless you have a 2WD truck. The one I have is a rear end unit.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
The open diff absolutely sucks the driving enjoyment out of my truck. Coming off medium speed bends in the meat of the power, rather than getting that nice limited slip dif walk feedback and a good drive off the exit, I get one wheel spin and it kills the drive as well as unloading the chassis right when it's most annoying. Around town it completely throws my timing off, as anytime I'm turning right it spins up then gets neutered by the traction control. It rains here about 150 days a year, the pavement is always wet. Really really miss the mechanical anti spin on my last truck. The electronic nanny just doesn't allow the same driving dynamic, it's fine for those with no car control skills. Some of the comments here about not being able to "drift" a pickup truck are hilariously ill informed. The high polar moment of inertia on a long bed diesel combined with a limited slip makes them the easiest vehicle in the world to control lurid smoky slides around corners in. Long wheelbase vehicles rotate very slowly and are easily kept pointed in the right direction. It's not a 911 where throttle lift oversteer will immediately flip you *** first into the nearest guardrail.

jtothecruz

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up a dead thread but in regards to Anti-Spin diffs, all Night Edition equipped Rams have Anti Spin diffs correct? I see it listed as an option that is equipped on my Monroney Sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread