5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Spin Differential

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
You got stuck, blamed it on the truck. Meaning you feel the truck wasn't capable.
Wow. I said I couldn't generate wheelspin in 4H and that was a dumb feature. I still feel it's a dumb and useless feature. I get the impression you're one of those guys who wouldnt ever post about a **** up, whereas it doesn't bother me, so you can chill out with the projection. To be clear, I'm not "blaming the truck", I'm critical of the engineering putting nannies where they're counterproductive. But that was also my ignorance, which I've been relieved of thanks to the more constructive posts here. You have a great day buddy!

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Only have to push one button to get into 4-lo. And other than a button vs a manual shifter it's the same effort, other than your 84 might have had manual locking hubs you had to get out and engage.
Nope. 84 was shift on the fly 4H! High tech for the day. Gutless 318 and 4 on the floor which was really a 3 speed with a granny.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
Lol my first truck was a Fargo 225 slant 6 with three on the tree. I always lusted for the power of a 318 back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol my first truck was a Fargo 225 slant 6 with three on the tree. I always lusted for the power of a 318 back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a 66 D100 Poly 318 4-speed. Was 3 on the tree from factory, previous owner converted to the 4-speed that you only really use 2nd, 3rd and 4th cause granny low 1st

Users who are viewing this thread