5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another S&B Installed

badzdad

Reaction score
So I gave in and decided to order an S&B and install it. The good .... I ordered it Monday morning from Amazon and it arrived by Tuesday at 3pm. So they had a few of these sitting at the local depot in Louisville so I got it here super fast. The bad ... holy cow the air filter is huge and it was the hardest part to get secured on the intake where it would stay on. The sheer weight of it made it difficult to balance correctly with the single clamp. I probably tried 2 dozen times to get this thing to sit just right. Maybe it was just me because I was doing this literally in the rain lol.

I havent drove it yet with the new intake...and honestly, I'm not expecting much, the mod was mostly because I liked the look of the intake and plan to do the B2 Fab muffler replacement to go with it so the truck makes a bit more noise. We will see how much the mpg changes in either direction over the next few weeks before the muffler swap is done.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
big filter....lots of unobstructed airflow!!!! I got the reusable filter which apparently is not as heavy as the one you have

badzdad

Reaction score
big filter....lots of unobstructed airflow!!!! I got the reusable filter which apparently is not as heavy as the one you have

Yeah I'm thinking this one gets replaced with the reusable one once its dirty enough.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Good combination. I did the cleanable version and just installed the B2 Fab Magnaflow System last night. Absolutely love the combination and the sound! I didn't have any installation issues with either.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Get a prefilter sock for it

You’ll thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I am surprised you had trouble installing the filter. I have the same and didn’t have a bit of trouble.
I was going to order the B2 fab Magnaflow muffler but when I went to his site to order it said they would be gone until sometime in September. So I did a little research and decided on the Magnaflow 11229 muffler. I believe that is the one he uses. Went to my local muffler shop and he installed the Magnaflow 11229 for $168 and it is welded in by a man who has been doing this for 40 years. B2 Fabrication wants $275 and you have to remove the old one and clamp the new muffler in place. So I am glad B2 fabrication is on vacation. I saved over $100 and a pro welded my muffler in while I watched. Seems like a great deal to me

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
S&B makes one for tour filter. It extends the life of your filter and cleaning intervals. 100% worth it.

You wouldn't happen to know the P/N of the correct Filter Sock? I am not finding "Tour" on their websiter or one specifically for the WF-1069 Filter that is in our CAI. I was going to give them a call to see if I can determine the correct one to buy.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I just called S&B and the P/N for the sock for the CAI 75-5124 Filter is WF-1063, but I do not see it on the website. I may have to call them back and order it.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Just placed order for a WF-1063 sock! Will be here in 3 days! Thanks Nordic for the tip!

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Just placed order for a WF-1063 sock! Will be here in 3 days! Thanks Nordic for the tip!
How much was the sock? How much does it restrict airflow? I have the dry filter in my S&B intake and it looks like you do too

NordicNevs

Reaction score
How much was the sock? How much does it restrict airflow? I have the dry filter in my S&B intake and it looks like you do too

Sock/pre filter doesn’t restrict air flow and if it did it would be within a margin of error anyway which is negligible.

The prefilter is essential for extending the life of your dry or oiled filter. It keeps the big stuff out and also keeps your primary filter operating at peak design for longer. Larger particulate falls off the pre filter vs being wedged in between your grooves and filter media as well as the mesh support.
Between all of my trucks and 500,000 miles of driving in gas and diesel performance If you’re going to add an S&B or any decent filter put the sock on it and protect your investment.

Wouldn’t buy an aftermarket system without one.

When you put it on take you’re time. Orient the prefilter so it will slide on and do a little at a time. Don’t rip it.

Cost usually is $20-30.00

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I have the cleanable cotton oiled filter in mine. The cost of the sock was $37.45, but I bought the S&B version, P/N WF-1063. $29.95 + $7.50 Flat Rate Shipping. Could have probably gotten one cheaper. More than I wanted to spend, but probably worth it. It's only $.

aametzger

Reaction score
Did anyone have issues getting the ccv to slide all the way on and click in? I could not get mine all the way on. Both my neighbor helping me and I tried with a lot of force and could not get it to slide all the way on. It's not coming off but wish it would have clicked into place like the stock was.

Users who are viewing this thread