5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Ram with Many Issues/ Failing Dealer Service 2019 Ram 1500

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Wow, “passive aggressive “. Any who, please share the name of the dealership with us.
Like the OP said, not your average cub bear or 22 year old!!! Lol having fun OP cause you sound like you have your chit together "way more" than I did at that age. Heck, I had my first car at that time of a old Toyota Celica Hatchback that had probably been passed from soldier to soldier for years!!!

Hopefully there is another option of a dealership near you---see if RAMCARE can find out if you don't know.

Phil01985

Reaction score
Like the OP said, not your average cub bear or 22 year old!!! Lol having fun OP cause you sound like you have your chit together "way more" than I did at that age. Heck, I had my first car at that time of a old Toyota Celica Hatchback that had probably been passed from soldier to soldier for years!!!
Hopefully there is another option of a dealership near you---see if RAMCARE can find out if you don't know.
Thank you both for understanding where I’m coming from now, as I do not want to sound over my head in anyway, just want to explain in detail. My options are limited however as I’m not in states and reception etc... also my post was originally so long that I did not want to include every single detail. I will gladly answer any legitimate questions anyone has. I was not sure if sharing the dealer was allowed on the forum. The dealer is Tuttle Click Ram of TUSTIN CA. Tustin is capitalized as there is a dealer in a city nearby with same name but instead Irvine, which are not involved, and have heard great things about. I am hoping and have faith Ram Care will try to justify these extremely unfortunate and unjustifiable events that have occurred. Or lead me to the FCA. My goal is to try to find a resolution that will compensate me for these issues concerning dealer service , staff treatment, and consistent/worsening/ increasing issues the truck suffers from, even after repairs. while maintaining business with RAM. Thank you all. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions.

Phil01985

Reaction score
Wow, “passive aggressive “. Any who, please share the name of the dealership with us.
Sorry new to forum and on my phone, please look at the last reply I posted. It was for you as well. Thank you.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey, interesting post. I don’t even know what to think of it, thought I was back on the F150 forum for a moment there... anyway, on a lease truck, yes its under a warranty but isn’t the owner the “other guy”, and shouldn’t they be involved? After all, theoretically its “theirs” even if its an FCA lease. I mean if it sucks that bad he could just walk. Well he won’t just be afoot cause he has 2 other nice rides...

Document your conversations, ask to speak to the owner or at least the GM, and don’t ignore the problems for a month. Unfortunately you were too far “out of sight” so you became “out of mind”. Happens all the time at my work, we deal with the immediate pest/squeaky wheel and if you don’t squeak, you are pushed aside for the ones that do. That’s life.

ddharris

Reaction score
Your sig states you have a 2018 tundra limited. I would just see about getting out of your lease due to issues stated. You have another truck to fall back on.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would appreciate if you would stop with your passive aggressive comments. I am not automatically “dumb” for being young. Just as you are not automatically smart for being older. And let me know how many 22 year old idiots are leasing brand new trucks. This isn’t my first second or even third vehicle. I’m not your average Ram owner or 22 year old. Anyway this isn’t about me. This forum isn’t about me either. It’s about the trucks. I appreciate those comments with suggestions and help. I don’t understand the insults I have received, but nothing surprises me anymore.
Man, you're gonna have a short and tough life if you don't quit taking yourself so serious. It's a truck and some ********ting on a forum, not anything serious. One day when you're 42 instead of 22 you're gonna realize you were a dipshit at 22 just like the rest of us. Every guy thinks they're brilliant at that age. 20-30 years later you realize you were just a full-sized pollywog :D

So relax, man. Life's gonna be just fine whether you have a broke-**** truck or not ;)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Indeed! Tell us who the dealer was and plenty on here would get the word around.

EDIT forget the above, I didn't see the name until the end of page 2 .. I'm still a noob as well :)

Phil01985

Reaction score
Indeed! Tell us who the dealer was and plenty on here would get the word around.

EDIT forget the above, I didn't see the name until the end of page 2 .. I'm still a noob as well :)
Thank you everyone for the support and I am doing my best truthfully. I’m sorry if I’m coming across as a know it all because that’s not why I joined the forums, quite the opposite. I just wanted everyone to understand more about myself. I feel that during this age it’s hard to moderate being “too cool” or “too anal”. Which has put in this situation as some of you mentioned. Anyway, I’m glad that we are all in much better communication. I’m still waiting on a reply from Ram Care, as an update! Additionally, life has recently forced me to be “too cool” as I’ve been dealing with family health issues. Also I thought the truck was going to be in the dealer a week maximum initially by the way my service advisor spoke.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Man, you're gonna have a short and tough life if you don't quit taking yourself so serious. It's a truck and some ********ting on a forum, not anything serious. One day when you're 42 instead of 22 you're gonna realize you were a dipshit at 22 just like the rest of us. Every guy thinks they're brilliant at that age. 20-30 years later you realize you were just a full-sized pollywog :D

So relax, man. Life's gonna be just fine whether you have a broke-**** truck or not ;)
Well perspective is everything and when you’re in your early 20s you have very little of it. I know when I was in my 20s nobody could’ve told me anything, if somebody 10 or 20 years older would’ve said I need to chill and learn how to deal with things I just would’ve come back with something smart ***. Now at 63 when I tell the kids at work they need to have a longer perspective on things they just look at me with a blank stare, to them a longer perspective is measured in weeks.

Not saying the OP is mature/immature but still, it’s mechanical, it can be fixed, its a lease so he is not married to it. Yes its disappointing when things aren't ”just right” yet little in life is or will remain so.

Guess he could go back to the Toyota truck, its homely and outdated but they run well. Me, I’ll take my chances with RAM for now.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't let all the old ****ers wishing they were still 22 get you down. You don't have to justify anything to anyone here. This has absolutely nothing to do with your age. You just happened to sound like a troll with such a long first post about all these problems. But you weren't a troll, and it should have ended at that.

And frankly, you're not even the one who mentioned your age.

Did you get your money for the Benz and the Tundra and the Ram from Mommy and Daddy?
Doesn't matter.
Did you bust your *** to have everything you have and be able to go on vaca for a month and drop the truck at the dealer?
Doesn't matter.
None of that has anything to do with truck problems and solutions. And don't give anyone here the satisfaction of answering these questions either.
Because it doesn't matter.

You came here asking for help with your TRUCK, and now this has turned into some old ****ers you don't even know, and definitely don't know you, peacocking their "wisdom" and trying to offer you life advice in a completely disrespectful and completely inappropriate manner.

It's none of our business, and quite frankly, YOU got trolled here, not the other way around. Sorry about that, and I hope going forward you have a better experience on the forums.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Don't let all the old ****ers wishing they were still 22 get you down. This has nothing to do with your age. You just happened to sound like a troll with such a long first post about all these problems.

Did you get your money for the Benz and the Tundra and the Ram from Mommy and Daddy?
Doesn't matter.
Did you bust your *** to have everything you have and be able to go on vaca for a month and drop the truck at the dealer?
Doesn't matter.
None of that has anything to do with truck problems and solutions. And don't give anyone here the satisfaction of answering these questions either.

You came here asking for help with your TRUCK, and now this has turned into some old ****ers you don't even know, and definitely don't know you, peacocking their "wisdom" and trying to offer you life advice in a completely disrespectful and completely inappropriate manner.

It's none of our business, and quite frankly, YOU got trolled here, not the other way around. Sorry about that, and I hope going forward you have a better experience on the forums.
Dang. Makes the advice given (non truck but) seem really dumb... well Im one of the old farts and I still think the forum is for legit questions about specifics. When someone “whines” then they open themselves up.

Its all good...

Guess a mod can lock/close it if he thinks its a troll post.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When someone “whines” then they open themselves up.

He came here frustrated with multiple issues with his brand new truck, a very poor dealer experience, and what sounds like a busy lifestyle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's the very first to post that situation on these forums... Yeah, there are some iffy sounding details, and appropriate questions were asked about them, but in reality, they don't detract from the situation at hand. Dude is "up to here" with the problems and treatment with his truck, and came to a well known resource to get advice on what to do. Did it sound a little whiny off the top, sure, but we all ***** around here, myself included. At least he wasn't one of those people that says they have all sorts of problems and DOESN'T take it to the dealer, we have a few of those around here too.

This isn't necessarily directed at just you my man, I just quoted your part about whining for the context. All I'm doing is putting a little perspective about how this thread so quickly derailed from truck advice to unnecessary "wisdom" being shoved down his throat because of his age.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello members,
My name is Philip and I have been lurking these forums since I had my eyes set on a 2019 Ram 1500, needing a full size truck, and seeing the incentives offered. After months of looking around I finally pulled the trigger on a lease for a 2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn Crew cab V6 eTorque. It is equipped with level 1 package and towing package. My initial impressions of the truck were that is was extremely comfortable, smooth, spacious, and enough tech to keep me satasfied with the level 1 equipment. Satisfied but the 12” screen has caught my eye. Anyway after reviewing theee forums deeper after pulling thb trigger and putting 5-600 miles on the truck, within the first 3/4 weeks, I realized that I unfortunately suffered almost all the issues other members have, on top of unacceptable dealer service. The truck has loud squeal upon every startup, windshield whine/whistle (speed above 30), fitment issues and panel gaps in the interior/ window trim. The mirrors did not fold correctly until a week in ownership. When I brought the truck for the repairs, I returned to the dealership one month later to be almost assualted by the car porter (I guess I don’t look trustworthy or a person who would own a 45K truck. As this altercation costed me time and ruined my mood, being that there was no manager present. I grab the paperwork and sign without having my service advisor go over what was done to the truck in this month span. Additionally the truck was there to be detailed, as I purchased it after the detail crew left, and to make the situation better I found a couple of new scratches on the door and bed. The sales rep takes pictures and tells me the manager will call me to arrange to bring the truck for touch up when there repair crew is there. Once I arrived home (27 miles ), I review the paperwork and find that all my problems were confirmed, however no details on repairs done were notated. TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE, the mileage out on the paper was actually the mileage the truck came in with. The truck came in with 721 miles and I picked it up with 848. I was never told my truck would be driven nor did I give permission. It certainly explains the scratches. I’ve called the service manager 7 times and have left for a month vacation. I was hoping to leave the truck at the dealer during the vacation and give them a chance to make things right, but after all this disregard, inconvenience, and lies I am completely frustrated.
- In 4 Weeks;
no repairs were made
No recalls were done
- More issues have arised:
Front and rear suspension squeal
UConnect system glitching (ex: not turning on, time being displayed incorrectly(sometimes goes backwards)
AC blows worse somehow, warm and humid even more, than before it was taken in!!
I do not know what to do anymore and have run out of time and patience to go without the truck I have been paying for. The manager did not even have the decency to return my multiple calls over 3 weeks. On top of the neglectful, disrespectful, and deceiving treatment I have received from my dealer. I am at a lost for words. Does Ram/FCA compensate for this sort of situation? I would like to get a replacement vehicle after all these issues and hassles. What are my options besides just lemoning it?
Thank you and sorry for the long post!
I like the truck fundamentally but these serious issues are becoming a burden in every aspect.
Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

If you could, please post your dealer experience on this thread, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the support and I am doing my best truthfully. I’m sorry if I’m coming across as a know it all because that’s not why I joined the forums, quite the opposite. I just wanted everyone to understand more about myself. I feel that during this age it’s hard to moderate being “too cool” or “too anal”. Which has put in this situation as some of you mentioned. Anyway, I’m glad that we are all in much better communication. I’m still waiting on a reply from Ram Care, as an update! Additionally, life has recently forced me to be “too cool” as I’ve been dealing with family health issues. Also I thought the truck was going to be in the dealer a week maximum initially by the way my service advisor spoke.
Hey, it's all good man. In a couple of months you'll be tooling around in your Ram and we'll all be laughing about this ;) I'm one of the old basterds Rickanick mentioned above, except I don't really wish I was 22. That was a tough age to be. Your body parts work well but everything else is a ****fest :D

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't let all the old ****ers wishing they were still 22 get you down. You don't have to justify anything to anyone here. This has absolutely nothing to do with your age. You just happened to sound like a troll with such a long first post about all these problems. But you weren't a troll, and it should have ended at that.

Doesn't matter.
Doesn't matter.

You're right, he didn't mention his age (don't remember who it was but it 'twasn't me!) but come on, you gotta admit the opening post sounded totally batshit. "Almost Assaulted"? :D That sounds like some Bridget Jones Diary stuff right there! When I read it, from a guy that had one post, it completely sounded nuts and troll-baiting to me.

But it's all good :) . If the man's got a problem with his truck, by all means come by and ask. But I doubt too many people on this forum drink their tea with their pinkies up, and so you gotta expect a little bit of hashing especially if you lead in with "Almost Assaulted" ;)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello members,
My name is Philip and I have been lurking these forums since I had my eyes set on a 2019 Ram 1500, needing a full size truck, and seeing the incentives offered. After months of looking around I finally pulled the trigger on a lease for a 2019 Ram 1500 BigHorn Crew cab V6 eTorque. It is equipped with level 1 package and towing package. My initial impressions of the truck were that is was extremely comfortable, smooth, spacious, and enough tech to keep me satasfied with the level 1 equipment. Satisfied but the 12” screen has caught my eye. Anyway after reviewing theee forums deeper after pulling thb trigger and putting 5-600 miles on the truck, within the first 3/4 weeks, I realized that I unfortunately suffered almost all the issues other members have, on top of unacceptable dealer service. The truck has loud squeal upon every startup, windshield whine/whistle (speed above 30), fitment issues and panel gaps in the interior/ window trim. The mirrors did not fold correctly until a week in ownership. When I brought the truck for the repairs, I returned to the dealership one month later to be almost assualted by the car porter (I guess I don’t look trustworthy or a person who would own a 45K truck. As this altercation costed me time and ruined my mood, being that there was no manager present. I grab the paperwork and sign without having my service advisor go over what was done to the truck in this month span. Additionally the truck was there to be detailed, as I purchased it after the detail crew left, and to make the situation better I found a couple of new scratches on the door and bed. The sales rep takes pictures and tells me the manager will call me to arrange to bring the truck for touch up when there repair crew is there. Once I arrived home (27 miles ), I review the paperwork and find that all my problems were confirmed, however no details on repairs done were notated. TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE, the mileage out on the paper was actually the mileage the truck came in with. The truck came in with 721 miles and I picked it up with 848. I was never told my truck would be driven nor did I give permission. It certainly explains the scratches. I’ve called the service manager 7 times and have left for a month vacation. I was hoping to leave the truck at the dealer during the vacation and give them a chance to make things right, but after all this disregard, inconvenience, and lies I am completely frustrated.
- In 4 Weeks;
no repairs were made
No recalls were done
- More issues have arised:
Front and rear suspension squeal
UConnect system glitching (ex: not turning on, time being displayed incorrectly(sometimes goes backwards)
AC blows worse somehow, warm and humid even more, than before it was taken in!!
I do not know what to do anymore and have run out of time and patience to go without the truck I have been paying for. The manager did not even have the decency to return my multiple calls over 3 weeks. On top of the neglectful, disrespectful, and deceiving treatment I have received from my dealer. I am at a lost for words. Does Ram/FCA compensate for this sort of situation? I would like to get a replacement vehicle after all these issues and hassles. What are my options besides just lemoning it?
Thank you and sorry for the long post!
I like the truck fundamentally but these serious issues are becoming a burden in every aspect.
Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

If you could, please post your dealer experience on this thread, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have to... But I literally did say that I understood how it sounded fishy at first...

You need glasses old man? :geek:

I'm just bustin ya :ROFLMAO:
I actually do need to wear my glasses; my wife says I'm stubborn like that. Just realized it's "riccnick" not "rickanick" - thought the second "c" was an "a" :D

Users who are viewing this thread