5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another leaking Ram 1500 Limited

airbusdrvr

Reaction score
After a heavy rain I found my driver's seat wet. Looked up and saw water dripping out of the noise cancelling microphone. (oops. wont let me attach a video) It rained long enough to completely soak the seat, which I hope they replace!! The headliner near the microphone is also soaked. I reached up between the headliner and sunroof and felt water pooling.

Love my truck but for $72k, this shouldn't happen. I did not check the drains but will mention it to the dealer if they dont' figure it out first.

In the meantime I've been given a loaner Grand Cherokee. Will update everyone when problem is solved.

airgas1998

Reaction score
since you said front driver seat I'll assume the pana roof is leaking, and not the rear slider.(as of yet anyway)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After a heavy rain I found my driver's seat wet. Looked up and saw water dripping out of the noise cancelling microphone. (oops. wont let me attach a video) It rained long enough to completely soak the seat, which I hope they replace!! The headliner near the microphone is also soaked. I reached up between the headliner and sunroof and felt water pooling.

Love my truck but for $72k, this shouldn't happen. I did not check the drains but will mention it to the dealer if they dont' figure it out first.

In the meantime I've been given a loaner Grand Cherokee. Will update everyone when problem is solved.
That definitely sucks! A quick dealer trip for sure! Thanks for being willing to post the results as there have been others with the leaks, though I haven't read of water coming thru the speaker/mic area before.

Last edited by a moderator:

airbusdrvr

Reaction score
since you said front driver seat I'll assume the pana roof is leaking, and not the rear slider.(as of yet anyway)
I agree. The truck was sitting outside during a heavy rain. The left front would have been sitting the highest due to slope of driveway. I find it odd that the water pooled at that corner. Im thinking its purely a leak in that area as opposed to a leak elsewhere that flowed because of kinked drain plugs. The water was actually dripping out of the mesh microphone (for noise cancelling system) in the headliner! Crazy.

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi airbusdrvr,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck. If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

airgas1998

Reaction score
I agree. The truck was sitting outside during a heavy rain. The left front would have been sitting the highest due to slope of driveway. I find it odd that the water pooled at that corner. Im thinking its purely a leak in that area as opposed to a leak elsewhere that flowed because of kinked drain plugs. The water was actually dripping out of the mesh microphone (for noise cancelling system) in the headliner! Crazy.
I'd at least check to make sure those drain tubes are exiting out of the vehicle correctly. there's been some issues in the past with pushed out grommets not seated properly. look in-between the cab and bed and you'll see them. one on each side and will be marked with check marker...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
April 30, 2018 thread with pictures.

Ended up being crimped/blocked drain tubes, leaked in the same location as the OP.

gseroka1

Reaction score
Sounds like your moonroof glass maybe leaking and needs replaced. There's a tsb out for it.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score

Just curious if you ever got this resolved or figured out the issue. My 2019 Laramie just started this today after the wash.

highgear2005

Reaction score
When I read these post, It reminds me, why I don’t like sun roofs! In my opinion they are a worthless option. I’m a truck fan! And I read all the major brands forms. Everyone should be excited that all these trucks seem to leak water! Ram is not alone with this issue. Rear windows, sunroofs, floorboards and so on. I’d have that sunroof repaired and never open it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Reaction score
ABOVE is one of the reasons I would neva own a truck with sunroof. Kinda like the old T-tops from the 70 and 80's. Dem puppies were like a waterfall.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I read these post, It reminds me, why I don’t like sun roofs! In my opinion they are a worthless option. I’m a truck fan! And I read all the major brands forms. Everyone should be excited that all these trucks seem to leak water! Ram is not alone with this issue. Rear windows, sunroofs, floorboards and so on. I’d have that sunroof repaired and never open it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had at least a dozen cars and trucks from all sorts of manufacturers and never had a problem with a single one.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surprised RAM didn't say it was a feature of the new HK " Aquaphonic" sound system, and normal for water to come out of the speaker....

Users who are viewing this thread